Thursday, July 21, 2016

In Which Rene Is Entirely Too Forgiving


"Hey Nick, it's Bree! Wanna meet up and 'hang out'?"


"Oh, okay. Another time, maybe? Sure! Bye!"

Last chapter Bree had little Lorien with the now deceased Leslie. Lorien is a purple fairy with pink wings, just like her dad. Bree wished to get married, so we are trying to find her someone acceptable enough to at least have some romantic wishes for. Right now, all we've got is a wish to know Nick's sign, and he's not playing.


"I guess I could call Rex."


Better than nothing.


"Great! I'll see you there soon!"


"Oh my god, Bree! I love your hair!"



"Thanks! You know, it's starting to get dark. Why don't we go hang out at the diner?"

"Sure! I'm starving."


"Holy Crap! He looks 15!!"

He really does. I looked away for a second and couldn't find him right away when I looked back. Save for his height, he really does look like a teen.

Bree spent most of the evening with Rex and threw absolutely no romantic wishes.

The next day after work, Bree tries Nick again.


"Great! I look forward to seeing you!"

This time he cooperated.


"I'm so sorry I haven't been taking your calls. The hospital has me working some crazy hours, and I'm so tired when I get home."

"That's okay! I totally appreciate trying to get ahead in your career. I'm just glad you're here now."


"Me too, Bree! You look beautiful."


"Aww, thank you, Nick!"

Well, that escalated quickly.  Nick actually got the ball rolling with an autonomous "amorous hug". I left them alone and a whole slew of romantic actions followed.


"Oh Nick! Your hair that must have a quarter cup of gel in it makes you look just like a lion!"


"Heh-heh. Yours make you look like an uptight old librarian that I want to make ................. un-uptight."


"We're so cute! Flirting back and forth without actually doing anything!"

Bree didn't roll any wishes for Nick BUT they got to Nick thinking Bree was alluring all on their own. So I simply clicked an already available interaction to get things moving.


Which immediately led to ....


Nick's married.



And.....


Now we're getting somewhere!!

The kiss may have had an unintended consequence.


"Did my niece just kiss a married man?"


"Now see! I got so upset, I died!"

"No!! Mom!! Who will take care of me, now??"

"You're a grown man, Elrond. You'll be fine."

Bun's widow, Liz, senses betrayal and keels over right by the chess table.


"What the heck is he wearing??"


"Do you like it? I knitted it myself!!"

He never wears what I give him.


"Seriously, have you been working out?"

"Just lifting patients all day!! Would you like to go to the Bistro? I'm starving."

"Sure, I'd love to. Then I need to go home and check on my daughter."

"You have a daughter?"

"Yes, Lorien, she's two. She's with my dad right now. He's the best babysitter."


"Okay sweetie, Grandpa is going to dive for the next twelve hours give or take, so you sit there and play with your dinosaur like a good girl, alright?"

"Otay, Dampa!!"

"They have such a special relationship."

Bree never noticed the demise of her Aunt and kept right on flirting with Nick.


"Is that what you're wearing into the restaurant?"

* one microsecond later*


"Of course not!"

"Nice!"


Rex: "What? A kilt totally dresses up a varsity jacket. It's called 'style', for pete's sake!"


"Now see what you've done, Bree? Someone is going to get HURT. It says so right in the notifications!"

Damn, I am every-frickin-where.


At least Bree got her wish.


Just in time to drop another one.


I deleted a writing wish so I could lock it in. Not even sorry.


The competition.


"Why is my Dad flirting with a lavender librarian?"

Meet Kenya, Nick's adult son, who will be playing the role of the "someone" who is "going to get hurt".


"Oh my god, I cannot even look at you right now!!"

"What's wrong, babe? Do you want to go visit the photo booth to take your mind off it?"


"I would, Arwen, but I've got to go to work."

Bree: "Arwen? Why does that sound familiar?"

She's your cousin. She's Bun and Liz's daughter. Just in case this wasn't awkward enough.


Completely unbothered by the parking lot spectacle, Bree and Nick autonomously rock the photo booth.


"Don't judge me."

Who? Me?


"Heh-heh. Nick, watching you turn those handles is turning me on!"

"Huh? Really?"



I'm judging you, Bree.


"I bite you head off, Mama's boyfwien!!"

Lorien's judging Nick.


Well. This isn't desperate at all.

"He won't take my calls. What am I supposed to do?'

Not go to his house! This is some crazy shit.


"No, what's crazy is the fat chick screaming on his front sidewalk."


That's Nick's daughter, Audra, and she's pregnant!

Greta (also Nick's daughter): "Holy crap, Audra!! What do we do? Who is that lady on our porch and why isn't she helping??"


"Why isn't he answering the door? I know he's home!"


"Bree! Um, what are you doing here?"

"You're not answering my calls, again. So I figured I'd just stop by."


"Oh, uh, hi!"

"Hi."

"Um, do you want to come in?"

"Yes."


"You look gorgeous! I love your sweater!"

"Why thank you! I think you're the first person to notice it!"

"I notice everything."


So does Greta.

"What the hell is going on here, today? First my sister is having her baby right on the sidewalk, now Dad is kissing this inappropriate lady!"

Hold on to your pigtails, girl, the fun is just beginning.


"This is your bed?"

"Yes."

"It looks really old, like even the sheets haven't been changed in ten years."

"It's clean, I assure you. It's just that money is tight right now, and funds have had to go elsewhere."

".............................. I don't know."


They did it anyway.

Meanwhile, on the front porch, we hear the Jaws theme weaving through the background.


Rene: "So nice to come home after a long day at work. I can't wait to see my wonderful, devoted husband."

Audra: "Well, I guess I ought to call Elrond and tell him we have a little boy that I named after Brad Pitt."


Elrond is also Bree's cousin via Bun and Liz. I have a feeling that Bree is not going to be very welcome at the Maroon-Valinor household.


Isn't this special?


"DAD!!!!"

"Sorry! Carpool's here! Gotta go to work!"

And Nick makes a run for it like the coward he is.

Bree: "I probably should be going, as well."


"Rene's home, too?  Shit!! .................. I think I'll be volunteering for overtime today."


"Mom! You gotta see this!!"

"See what, honey?"


"Oh."




"Funny, I thought I'd already talked to Nick about not bringing home anymore trash."

"You tell her, Mom! I'm gonna go watch tv."


"What did you call me?"

"You heard me, you low-rent, swamp-assed whore."


"I am NOT a whore!! Nick is my boyfriend! Who the hell are you and what are you and your kid doing in his house??"

Okay, so perhaps Bree doesn't notice quite EVERYTHING.


"Sorry, Jezebel, Nick is my HUSBAND and that kid is our DAUGHTER. We've been married for over 25 years and have three children and one grandchild. We live here, you crusty half-wit."

"Hold on, Nick is your HUSBAND?"




Bree, I think, I THINK, she's already caught on.

Bree: *does not care*


"Um, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but your husband is seeing another woman."

"What? Besides you??"


"Uh, no. Just me. ............. I think."

It does make one wonder, doesn't it?


"Oh ... my .... god ............ you ........... you really are crazy, aren't you? This ......... this is like some 'Fatal Attraction' level of fucked up, isn't it?"

"Uh, I don't know what you mean."


"Get out of my house. Get your batshit insane ass out of my house NOW before I call the cops! And if I ever see you here again, well it won't be a damn bunny getting boiled on the fucking stove!!"

"*yawn* I'm getting tired, I guess I should be going."

Bree was inappropriate for the last time, the house closed up and she was homeward bound.

She did not let her personal life drama get in the way of her career.




This really is one of the easiest LTWs.


Rene and Nick are, also, not letting things disrupt their lives.


Lorien has her birthday. Earwen and my simself are in maternity clothes, Deagol thought pjs suited the bill.


"What the hell hair is this?"

LOL! She got her great-uncle's haircut.


Post-makeover. I think she's adorable and ready-made for heirship. Which won't happen until much later as I'm still having loads of fun with Bree. Thanks to her grandfather she rolled her trait. She's now a perceptive, disciplined fan of the supernatural.  Which is good. Being a supernatural skeptic would be kind of a bitch in her situation.


"I cannot believe my deceased husband's bastard daughter is going to be a legacy heir. And how come I didn't get a fairy baby? So unfair!!"

Lorien: "Hmmmm, I've got an idea."


Up we go! I do love that fairy toddlers and kids can float.


"Wait, what's that up there?"

"Up where? I don't see anything."


"Gotcha!!!"


"ACHOOO!!!!"


"That's right, you little spawn of Satan! You can't put one over on me!!"

"Is the food here safe? I'm getting kinda hungry."


"THIS IS NOT HOW PRANKS ARE SUPPOSED TO GO!!!"




"Heh-heh! Great party, Bree!  For once."

"I really want to woohoo in the tent, but I don't have anyone to woohoo with."

"I can't believe there's no guitar at this party. Someone should be entertaining us!"


Another reason to put off Lorien's heirship is she seems to wish for things she can't do, yet. She wanted this alchemy table but she can't use it. I'm not super familiar with the fairy power but she rolled wishes to do certain pranks or other things, like meditation, that there don't seem to be any options for. I think her fairy power level needs to be higher. So we'll see.


"Well, well. Look at you! A real, live fairy!"

"And you're a ghost!  Cool!!"

Lorien loves the ghosts. She rolls wishes to introduce herself, talk to them, be friends with them. Of course she still has to drop her queue and get excited to see them. Having her chill the fuck out and just do what I told her to do is apparently too much to ask.

In the meantime, Bree tries to take her mind off Nick.


You'd think Alfred here would be the perfect guy for the job. Alas,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

"Would you like to go to the Bistro with me, Bree? I do have nice clothes I can wear."


"I would, Alfred, except I'd rather be with someone else."


*sigh*

She rolled no romantic wishes for Alfred.


"Nick? Nick Hurt-Hoggle? Uh, I heard he's engaged."

"Really? That lady told me that they were already married."



Alfred: ................................................................................... "Yeah. I gonna go. Nice talking to you."

I'm thinking they divorced because of Bree's earth-shattering announcement that Nick was seeing someone else. But they must be MFEO because they got right back together, with Rene doing the proposing, even. And I thought Bree had no dignity.

Still, a wish is a wish. So the next day Bree invites Nick out to try and figure out just what their relationship is and where it's going.


"What is going on, Nick? First I find out that you are married, then you get divorced, only to turn right around and start dating your ex-wife again, and now you're engaged? Is this all true?"


"Well, yes. Rene and I have been together since we were kids. We have three children together. Heck, we even have a grandson! I don't know what possessed you to tell her about us the first place. It's just a fun fling, Bree. Rene didn't need to find out."


"JUST a fun fling?! What?? But ............. I thought we were more than that! I thought you were my boyfriend!"

"What?? Why would you think that?! I never said that."

"But .... what about the photo booth? And your house?"


"So? We woohooed. So what? In fact, we woohooed on our very first date, within the first 15 minutes as I recall. You think that because you put out faster than a college student on a kegger, that makes me your boyfriend? Grow up, Bree. We had a fling. That's it. There's nothing there. Never was, never will be."


"I've gotta go to work. See you around, you crazy bitch."


"So ............ we're NOT dating anymore?"

Oh honey.

Coming up, Bree keeps plugging away at that marriage wish while trying to mend a broken heart.

Opportunities






Points

Heir fulfills their LTW: +25

Deleted Locked In Wishes: -5

Deleted Opportunities: -2

Completed Opportunities: +1

Previous Score: +269

Current Score: +288

No comments:

Post a Comment