Tuesday, April 28, 2015

For The Want Of A Little, Black Flower


You rock on with your bad self, Otho.

"Thank you.  I will."

Last chapter ended with Thinny having some kind of jealousy aneurysm and breaking up with Keisha. Keisha decided that, between Thinny and Santos, she'd had enough of the Valinor Experience and moved out. Story Progression took pity on her and moved her into the old Landgraab mansion, right next door.


"Whatever.  Fine!  I'm glad she's gone.  Now maybe this place won't be such a stinking disaster all the time."


Keisha moved on fairly quickly.


"Kareem, eh?  I can totally take him!  I can take him with one hand tied behind my back!"

She's not your girlfriend anymore, remember?


"I miss her."




Of course.


You know there's no stove in here, right?

"What are you talking about?  It's a kitchen, for crying out loud.  Of course it has a stove!"


Going somewhere?

"Oh shut the hell up."


"Thank you for cheering, Otho!  It's nice of you to notice my birthday."

"Not a problem, B.  Anything to distract me from the debauchery going on in the hot tub."


"I wish to have more in common with my favorite brother!"


Teenage Beren, who now loves to fish.

"Who is that really old dude?"

That's Cirdan, your uncle.

"He's still alive?"


"I'm not thrilled about it either, kid.  Have you seen this outfit I have to wear?"


Hello, little party crasher.  You have the pointy ears, you must be related!  This is Dawn, Luthien's granddaughter via Stacie.


Beren got a nice fishing vest.  He picked it out himself!

"The fishes will come right to me so they can see their little friends.  They won't know it's a ruse until it's too late!"

Brilliant.


"Guess what, Mom!  The tv broke!  And even though I only have one handiness point, I'm the heir and I get to fix it!"

"That's great, honey!  I'll go tell Thinny he's on stand-by."

You know you don't HAVE to fix the tv just because you're the heir, right?

"I know I don't HAVE to, I WANT to."



Say a little prayer, kids.


"Um, Beren?  Should you be doing that?  Shouldn't you read the manual first or, better yet, just call a repairsim?"

"Please, I totally got this little bro.  You just stick the screwdriver into the crack where the screen meets the frame and wiggle it around for a couple of hours.  Easy!!"

"If you say so.  Nice knowing you."


Please don't die, B.


Fortunately he survived, and managed to fix the tv,  Crisis averted.




"YES!!  I knew I could do it!!"

So cute.


"Wow, you're still alive, too?  I'll bet it's the ears.  They give us extra-long life."

"Sure, kid.  I'm just here to get more margarita mix."

Cortney is still kicking.


Beren wished to get a part-time job as soon as he aged up.  Since he has yet to roll a unique LTW, and therefore doesn't need skill time, I'll let him keep it.

"It'll be fun to visit with the fishies in the store!  Too bad my boss said I can't wear my vest."


Well, here we are.

"She's home!"

He's been rolling all sorts of wishes regarding Keisha; to be her friend, to ask her about her day, to talk to her, etc. Clearly he has some regrets.


"Hi, Keisha!  I .............. hope you don't mind me dropping by."

"It's fine, Thinny.  What do you want?"

"I was hoping we could talk."


"I really want to apologize for my crazy behavior a few weeks ago.  I don't know what got into me. Maybe having family members I couldn't trust for most of my life, well, it made it hard for me to trust other people.  Anyway, I'm really sorry, Keisha. I miss you a lot and I ..... I know you've moved on so, I hope we can at least be friends."


"Oh Thinny.  I don't know what to say."

"It's okay, you don't have to say anything."


"I know you have a hard time with your family, I really do.  Honestly, I never understood why you wanted to stay with them until you reached the top of your career.  But that doesn't matter now. Thank you for apologizing, it really does mean a lot to me.  You and I have been best friends since we were kids.  It's been really weird, these last few weeks, to go about life without you.  I've missed you, too."

"Friends?"


"Yes, definitely!  Look, Thinny, it's getting late and I'm tired from work.  I have tomorrow off, why don't you come over then and we'll talk some more."

"I'll do that!  Thanks, Keisha!  I..........I still love you."


"Tomorrow, Thinny.  We'll discuss it tomorrow.  Have a good night!"

"You, too."


Now he wants to be "good friends" and get her in the hot tub.  Oh Thinny. You're lucky I adore you and want you to be happy.

Next morning......


"I thought about you all night."

"I thought about you, too, in spite of myself.  Thinny ......... I ........... I broke up with Kareem last night.  We weren't really serious anyway, he's just a fun guy I met at The Club."

"Does this mean.....?"


Yes, yes it does.

It really is the next morning, by the way. Keisha must not have changed her clothes all night. Or she knows that Thinny loves a woman in uniform.

They still had some issues to work out.


"I'm sorry Thinny, as much as I love you, I cannot leave my home to go live with your father, again.  I just can't."

"I wouldn't ask you to. I've been thinking, I've only got a few promotions left before I'm an astronaut.  We don't have to live together right now.  You stay here in this house, that I know you love.  I'll live at home, I'm right next door anyway.  And when I get my final promotion, I'll move in here with you!"


"That sounds perfect!  You know you can move here sooner if you'd like.  You really seem to want to stick it out at your house, and I support that, but I want to be sure YOU know you can move in here if you want to."

"Thank you, Keisha, I really do appreciate the offer, but I need to stay at home just a little while longer."

"That's totally okay.  Whatever you need to do."

"I hear you got a brand new hot tub!"

"LOL!  Of course!  I really loved the one at your house, even if it was a bit of a low end model.  Want to try it out?"

"Heck yes!"


You know I plonked that thing down in her back yard just for his wish!  And it's one of the more expensive ones, cause that's how Keisha rolls.  I am glad they are back together, the crazy kids.




"Come ON Santos!"

"Why is this rabbit missing an eye?  Isn't this supposed to be a children's show?  I don't understand the significance."

"Things are about to get significantly bitchier up in here, dear."


"I don't understand why Keisha doesn't want to live with us, anymore.  I love it here.  I don't ever want to leave.  Don't you agree, Mom?"

"I'm much more concerned about why you're wearing your vest in the hot tub."

"The fishies needed to go for a swim."

.............................................................................

"Of course they did."


"Video games are stupid, Gramma Georgie.  Once people start playing them they never go outside anymore.  Playing outside is MUCH better than video games."

"Who are you?  Do you even live here?"

"I sense my son is waxing idiotic, again."

"I hate this family."


Otho may be annoyed with his relatives, but he still wishes to follow in big sister Celly's footsteps.

"Are you kidding?  She's a night manager at a warehouse, not my idea of a worthy career goal."


And this is what happens when your sims take a writing class.

Little did the boys know that their lives were about to take a turn for the better.


"Okay, what the hell?  I was NOT done with my meal. I'm going to complain to the manager and then sue the shit out them!!"


Or not.

"Oh.  Dammit."


"Santos Valinor!!  I've been waiting for you!  I'm a huge fan of your work!"

"Look guys, I don't know what morally questionable scheme you two have planned, but I'm on my dinner break and would appreciate you putting off any shenanigans until I've finished."

"Oh fuck off, lady!  Can't you see I'm DYING here?"

"I also don't appreciate your obscenity laden hyperbole."




"Please Grim, I've got two boys still living at home!  If I'm not there they might grow up to be huge pussywillows! Think of the children, Grim!!"

"As much as I admire your shitty parenting tenacity, I'm gonna have to say no.  Your children still have their mother who, while never quite approaching your level, still has more than the average amount of delicious nastiness to her."

Meanwhile, across the street, in front of the grocery store........


"I feel like something important is going on.   Hmmmmm.  Well, after I finish this I'll investigate."

This picture would have been a lot more effective had the tombstone rendered from across the street, which it didn't.


"Dad died?"

Yup.

"Did orcs get him?"

No, he was old.

"Oh..................... Well, I'm hungry.  I'm going to get some chili."




"I feel inexplicably sad and really ecstatic at the same time."


Goodbye Santos.  You were one of my more mercurial sims.  You were a terrible father and a very loving husband.  Even left mostly on autonomy he and Yavanna never fought.  They woohooed and giggled together to the very end.  So at least one member of the family might miss him.

"Shhhhh, not now!  I've got a winning streak going on here.  This king is going DOWN!"

Absolutely heartbroken.


"Hey, B!  Dad died, did you hear?"

"I did hear."

"Who are you talking to?"

"The police.  I'm trying to get a copy of the coroner's report.  I'm not convinced it wasn't orcs."

"Oh.  Well, good luck.  I don't really care who did it.  I'm just glad he's gone."


"*sigh*  And THAT'S the person I'm supposed to want to emulate?"

Your sister?

"Seriously?  I hardly know her!"


The only ones who came to cheer are family members.

"Mom and I even got dressed!"

"Yay Otho!  Happy Birthday, little guy!!"


"When can I move out?"

In about 5 more years.

I gave him the "athletic" trait to help with his LTW.

"I'm just glad Nadia made it to my party."


Nadia is a childhood friend.

"So nice that Otho's friends came!  I wonder if she fishes?"


Easy.  Otho wasn't the only one getting some action.


"A tent, Thinny?  What's wrong with the time machine?"

"I've heard that thing is filthy, honey.  Not to mention dangerous.  People come out of there with arrows flying at them!"

"*sigh* Alright.  I really wish you'd move in with me."

"I will, soon!"


Yavanna finally accumulated enough spare points for a teleportation pad. She was happy to celebrate.


"It's been sooooooooo long!!"


"I have a feeling that I shoulda poofed away before now."


"Come on little guy, you know you're too young for sweets!"

"That's not what my mama said!!"


"Mmmmmmm, it's even better than I remember!!"


"I have seen the face of evil and it is GREEN!!"

JADE!!!


Well.................... I suppose he could be rich.  I haven't checked.


Been there, done that.  Maybe next generation.


"So I'm trying to decide if Nadia and I should still be partners in Biology class.  I mean, I love her and everything, and I like having her in class with me, but there's that old adage about mixing work and pleasure, you know?  What do you think?"

"I think that if Nadia is going to be your partner for a class, biology might as well be it."

"That's a good point."

Then this finally happened.




Lookin' good!  Are you ready to move out now?

"Yup.  The boys are teens, the asshole is dead, they should be alright."

It's been fun having you, Thinny.


I guess Keisha was excited, too.


Surrrrrrrrrre!!


At the criminal warehouse!  That's not suspicious at all.

"This fucker better show up."


"I'll be right there, babe!  I gotta make a quick call!"


I don't think Brendan is very bright.


Or he rethought the whole criminal warehouse thing and decided that the fishing pond up behind the military building was a much better idea. I'd be worried that he's trying to get her alone for nefarious purposes, except Yavanna can totes handle herself.

"Why is she dressed like Grandma Supervillan?"

Just watch yourself, buddy.


"Now ....look here Granny, I'm unarmed and I don't have any cash on me.  I don't know what you're planning .... but my sister knows where I am and if I'm not back at 9pm on the DOT she's going to call the police!!"

Wha???


"Look pal, you asked ME out on this date.  And quit calling me Granny.  I don't have anyone who calls me that at home, so I'm sure as hell not gonna take it from you.  Now why the fuck did you drag me all the way out here when we could have met up at the warehouse and gone from there?"

"I saw you in your outfit at the warehouse and decided to move the date to be closer to my peeps."

"Peeps?  What peeps?  There's nobody here!"


"I am here, my friend, for all of your photobombing needs!"

"Oh you have GOT to be fucking KIDDING me!!"


I don't think she's going out with Brendan again.


"Be gone, green alien lady!  Before we fart in your general direction!!"

"What am I supposed to dislike?  I don't remember............derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp."

"This kind of shit must be what Mom was talking about before she died."

"So this was a great date, yes?!?"




"Gimli!  What happened to Pepe and Thorin?  Are they dead?  Was it orcs?"

"Nah man, they're just passed out.  I've never seen any orcs here."

"Oh, good!  I just wanted to be sure."


"Man, why do I have to cook?"

Because Santos died and you're the adult of the house. It won't kill you."

"You don't know that. I still remember that fire Dad started."

I have faith in you, and the fireproof stove.


Yay!!


Olorin decides to beat out his sister for the "late in life" baby award.


 The boys get in some bonding time at the arcade.

"Hey Otho, wasn't some girl coming home with you after school?"

"Latarsha wanted to but I told her I was busy."


 "Y'all got anything in your fridge other than cereal and zombie brains?"

"Shut it kid!  I'm about to level up here!!"

She probably hasn't noticed that it's not her own teenager.


"HA-ha!!  He's PINK!!"

He's behind you.


"I know that."

Just get out of here, you're waking him up.



Really?

"It won't be so bad, he wants to meet at Varg's Tavern. If the date goes south, at least I can get a drink."


Which is exactly what happened.

"I needed a night out anyway."

She stayed until they closed up shop and kicked her out at 3am.  And she had to work in the morning.


Yeah, yeah.


Awwww.  And nobody is buying the portrait switch, Otho.

"It's just such a good picture of me!"


"Uh oh, this isn't going to end well."

"Oh my god, MOM!  What's happening?"

"Not now, you guys, I'm trying to finish my homework."

You may want to glance up, B.


"So one of the ghosts is still out during the day, again. Big deal.  Happens all the time."

"I'm STARVING!  Who's going to cook for us now?"


"Yavanna."

"Grim."

"Ready to go?"


"No!!  Come on, Grim!  I've only had two shitty dates since becoming single again.  You've got to give me a little more time to have some fun!"

"Do you have a death flower?  You were a level 10 gardener. I so love those sad little things."

"YES! Right here in my ................. wait, hold on ................. what the hell?  Where are my flowers!?"

Beats me.  It's not like I moved them to Beren's inventory or anything.

"Sorry lady, no flower, no second chances."

"Dammit!!"


"Oh NO!  My mommy is dead!"

Someone finally caught up.


"Who will take care of us?"

You know, that's a damn good question.  I've never had a game where the last adult in the house died. CAS won't let you make a household with no adult, so I'm curious to see how this is going to go. Will social services show up (they better not)?  Will I be prompted to move an adult into the house? Will EA's completely uneven sense of morality and ethics show itself by not giving a shit?

Find out next time.

Points

Heirs:
LTW Heir:
Spare/Spouse: +10 (Thingol)
Children:
Every $100,000:
100,000 Happiness Points (heir):
Skipped/Failed Opportunities: -1
Fulfilled Opportunities: +1
Deleted Locked In Wishes:
Accidental Deaths:
Social Worker Visits:

Previous Total: +161

New Total: +171

No comments:

Post a Comment