"So .......... what do we do now?"
"We could change the channel, I hate the shopping network."
"I mean about us, Beren. We're all alone in this house now that Mom died."
"Oh, that."
"Maybe we should see if Thinny will move back in."
"Why? Mom left us plenty of money, plus I'm still working. And as long as we lock the doors at night and the gnomes stand guard, orcs won't get us."
"So we just go on as normal?"
"Like what?"
"Oh, you'll see. I've already made some calls. When we come home from school tomorrow, it'll be to a whole new house!"
Yeah, the game didn't give a shit that there was no (living) adult in the house. Fine with me.
After 4 generations, they finally get a "new" house. I didn't want to erase any of Fin's graffiti, so I built around the existing house rather than do a tear-down.
Bottom floor, I took down the walls from the two spare bedrooms, getting rid of Otho's room altogether (it was where the stairs are now). The other spare bedroom is now the tv room. I also got rid of Finrod's workshop seeing as we won't have inventors any time soon.
I left the kitchen pretty much the same, aside from recoloring. I added a new counter and dishwasher.
The tv room. The desk is in the same spot it's always been.
And there's two bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs.
Beren will love the digital fish at the top of the stairs.
Otho got the bigger, upstairs room.
So B throws this wish while at school. Dude! She's your brother's girlfriend! What the hell's wrong with you?
"But ..... Otho and I share everything! He's my favorite brother."
But, you don't share girlfriends.
"Why not? We share other friends."
"Isn't it amazing? Otho is going to love it!"
"Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go call Nadia."
Judgey face is judging you, B.
"Good friggin' lord is it ever BLUE in here! And where did all this stuff come from?"
It used to be in your parent's bedroom.
"Where's my bedroom?"
Upstairs.
"Where did B go?"
You don't even want to know. Just do your homework.
"Wait a minute, B. Are you actually suggesting that I go out with both of you, because you're brothers and you share everything?"
"Well, yeah. Isn't that what people do? Mom told me, before she died, how my Grandpa had a bunch of different girlfriends. He even had Aunt Kathy with some lady from the past. Isn't that how it is in your family?"
"Um, no. Not that I know of anyway. Does Otho know about this?"
"We haven't directly discussed it, but I'm sure he's fine with it. I mean, he lets me use his fishing gear all the time."
"So........I'd get twice as many dates?"
"Yup."
"And.....you have a job right?"
"Yup. At the grocery store."
"And your mom must have left you guys some money since you were able to add so much on to the house."
"Oh yeah, and there's still plenty left! I'm thinking of putting in a swimming pool so I don't have to fish in our dirty old pond."
"B, I think this is a GREAT idea!"
"You do? Really?"
Yes, really. This should be fun, and not at all messy and complicated.
Meanwhile, back at the house.....
"Holy crap! When did this happen? Is the trailer still out back?"
"Yeah, B had it all done while we were at school today."
"That explains all the blue, and the fish."
"I like it. I like having all the extra space, and the blue isn't too bad once you get used to it."
"I see Great-Grandpa's graffiti is still all over the house."
"I'm actually a little surprised about that. The face in the kitchen has always freaked B out a little."
"He's a little freaky right out of the starting gate."
"He's got some strange ideas, but he's a nice guy, and he means well."
"Yes, I know. You were both really good as babies and kids. Look, do you guys need me to move back in here for awhile? At least until B graduates? Keisha and I have discussed it and we're both on board if that's what you need. You seem to be okay, but I'd hate to have anything happen and have social services get involved."
"I'll ask B, but I don't think so. There seems to be plenty of money, and I haven't heard a peep out of social services. I'm not even sure they know Mom died. I haven't told anyone beyond our friends and family, and I don't think B has either. I mean, you and Keisha are literally right next door. One of us can call you, or even run over there, if something happens. But I think we're fine. Mom, Grandma and Grandpa, and even Great-Grandpa are out back and I'm sure they'll be checking in, although I don't think Grandma really gives a shit. She just wants to play video games."
"That's what I figured. I'll call you or B at night to check to in. Remember, you can always change your mind and I'll move back in, or you two can move in with us. Lord knows the house is plenty big enough."
"Thanks, Thinny! B and I both like it here, but it's good to know you and Keisha are close by."
"Now, what is UP with all that cool stuff right here by the door? I've never seen it before!"
"No kidding! I guess Mom and Dad kept it in their room."
"And sure, NOW you get a dishwasher."
"You working this evening, B?"
"Yup. What are you doing?"
"Nadia is coming over after school."
"She is? Cool. How are you guys doing?"
"Fine. She's my bio partner but that's the only class thing we're doing together."
"Otho, it's alright if Nadia hangs out with me, too, isn't it?"
"Sure, why not?"
"Super! I knew you wouldn't mind."
"About what?"
"Me, us."
"Oh, he brought it up on the bus this morning. Of course it's fine. No problem at all!"
"Really? That's great! I'm so glad. I was afraid B had misunderstood something."
"Yeah, his thought process can be a little whacked, but not this time."
"You guys are so great!"
"Aw, thanks Nadia! You're pretty awesome yourself!"
Oh Otho. You really don't deserve this.
The ghosts like the new house, right Georgie?
"Shut the fuck up! I'm bu ...... DAMMIT!! YOU MADE ME CRASH!!!"
Yavanna!! That didn't take long.
"I had to see what Beren did to the place. At least he didn't move the tv."
That's all she did, watch the outside tv alllll night.
"So, you're the guy who painted the graffiti all over the house."
"It's not 'graffiti', it's 'street art'."
"This isn't the street."
"It's not really my house, either. It's a mansion!"
"Seriously, descendant, I'm disappointed in you. The house you had before was big enough, more than I'd say. I don't understand why you engaged in such a gluttonous waste of resources."
"Look, Grandpa Fin, I think it's fine. After all, it's not just me and B here, it's the two of us and four of you ghosts. At least now nobody floats up to my room in the middle of the night, waking me up."
It's true, not even Beren has been woken up, yet, and he's still on the first floor. There's no longer a bedroom in between the ghosts and the tv, to everyone's benefit.
"*sigh* At least you kept the solar panels. And the gnubb."
Remember how Beren said that there were a few changes he thought needed to be made? Well here's another one.
"Bones, bones, never roam. Come on out and clean my home!!"
That's what you're supposed to say?
"It feels right."
"Wazzup amigos?"
Yup, he let loose the kraken.
Yavanna: "This is a bad idea. I'm going to haunt under the stairs."
Speaking of bad ideas,
"Hi, Nadia! It's Beren. I'm all done at work, do you want to go out to dinner with me?"
"Wow! The Bistro! I don't get to eat here much. I hope my outfit is nice enough."
"You always look beautiful, Nadia!"
"Aw, thanks B! You look nice, too."
"Don't worry, I'll make sure I don't look nicer than you!"
"Oh you don't have to do tha..............."
Oh, he's gonna.
"Oh My God! Is that boy really wearing his BATHING SUIT into the restaurant? HAHAHAHAHA!!!"
"That's a health code violation or I've never seen one. Someone should call the police."
"Jeez, try to be a good boyfriend, it's like high school over here."
You could have worn your athletic, or even your every day.
"I LIKE my bathing suit."
Okay, whatever floats your boat.
"Float = bathing suit. See??"
"A test subject? ME? Cool beans!!"
Wait! You're not old enough to.............
"Too late!"
*hic* "This is goooooooooood!" *hic* "I think" *hic* "that I'll have" *HIC* "another!!" *hic*
Good thing he doesn't have school tomorrow.
So she is still with Broderick, at least enough to get pregnant. This is the first non-work related notification I've seen for her.
Hold on to your hats, kids. Yavanna gets to be right.
"Is that a skeleton in a maid's uniform?"
Yes, that's Bonehilda. You released her this morning, remember? She cleans the house and repairs things?
"AAAHHHH!!!! IT'S A SKELETON IN A MAID'S UNIFORM!!!!!"
Not only does he run screaming but he also gets a negative moodlet that lasts for several hours.
"It's an ACTUAL skeleton!! Run!!"
"THERE'S A SKELETON IN THE HOUSE!! THERE'S A SKELETON IN THE HOUSE!! THERE'S A .............. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! IT FOUND ME!! IT'S GONNA EAT ME!!"
"Hello Master Beren! Are there dishes that need to be cleaned? Counters that need to be wiped? Puddles that need mopping?"
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"
"Bones, bones, back to your coffin. I'll do my own cleaning, don't eat me, I'm nothing!!"
And away Bonehilda went. She lasted less than one day.
From the graves: "Told ya'."
Next morning,
"Ah, what a beautiful day! Great day for a jog!"
I'm so glad you think so. While Otho works on his jogging and "increase athletic" wishes, Beren wants to go on another date with Nadia.
"Oh god!! It's EVERYWHERE!! It's even getting in my undies! I don't like it."
The pool may not have been the best idea.
"I agree B, the bowling alley sounds really fun! I've never been."
"Me either. I hope it's not dangerous."
"I think as long as you have proper shoes, it should be just fine."
"YES!! A strike!!"
"Oh man! Those poor pins! I hope they are alright!"
"Oh no! The ball's going to hit them again! Don't worry pins, I'll save you!!"
"Are you okay, B? You know the ball is supposed to hit the pins, right? That's the point of the game."
"What? That's just mean! This game sucks! BOOOOOOOO, bowling ball!! Your mother is a LLAMA!!"
"*sigh* I wonder what Otho is up to?"
"Why is she asking me about 'the family business'? What is she talking about?"
Otho's fine, he's hanging out at the park.
Next day is a big, very important birthday. Otho threw a party and invited all the family and friends, including Nadia.
"Hi Nadia! I'm so glad you could come!"
"I wouldn't miss it."
"Why is Nadia talking to Otho? This is MY birthday party. She should be talking to ME!"
She's not your girlfr............
"ME!!!"
"Aw, they're such a cute, young couple, aren't they, Brennan? Remember when we were in high school? Making out all over the place. Well, as soon as you finished your homework, that is."
"Making out all over the place, huh?"
"This is NOT cute! Why don't I get a hug?"
"Nadia! What is going on? It's MY birthday, why aren't you talking to me?"
"Whoa, B! Sorry! I haven't seen Otho outside of school for a few days so I just wanted to spend some time with him. I've seen you quite a bit before now."
"But, it's NOT Otho's birthday, it's MINE!"
"It's cool, Nadia. You and B can hang out for a bit."
"Look Beren, if this is going to work, you're going to have to be okay with Otho and I spending some time together without you. He's my first and I love him."
"I know that, and I love Otho, too. Maybe this sharing thing isn't a great idea. It's not like sharing Thinny, the gnomes, or the ghosts. This is a lot harder."
"So, maybe Otho and I should just see each other?"
"Yeah. I need to get my own girlfriend. But ........ we can still be friends, right?"
"Of course we can!"
Yup, Beren did not take well to Nadia and Otho getting romantic, even though Otho is her boyfriend, and Beren is just her romantic interest. So they broke it off. Otho did not notice a thing.
"Ugh, old people kissing? SO boring!!"
Kathy and Brennan are still going strong.
At least Otho, Nadia, and Celly muster up some enthusiasm? I think that's Keisha giving it a go behind Brennan, as well.
"*yawn* I'd rather be in the time machine."
"Honey, I totally support that plan."
"I wish to be better equipped to defend against orcs!"
How noble. So how does our heir grow up? Is he as cute as CAS predicted way back when he was a toddler? Will he get his own girlfriend? Will orcs attack? All this and more, next chapter.
Apparently absolutely nothing happened points-wise, no points gained or lost.
Points
Heirs:
LTW Heir:
Spare/Spouse:
Children:
Every $100,000:
100,000 Happiness Points (heir):
Skipped/Failed Opportunities:
Fulfilled Opportunities:
Deleted Locked In Wishes:
Accidental Deaths:
Social Worker Visits:
Previous Total: +171
New Total: +171








































































No comments:
Post a Comment