Still picking his own wardrobe. I liked it so much that I made all his other outfits to match, changing only some colors to his favorite, blue. I gave him the artistic trait to help with his lifetime wish of Illustrious Author.
"Nice costume, there, B. What are you supposed to be?"
"It's not a costume. It's elven battle armor. It'll help me fend of orcs."
"Dude, have you ever even SEEN an orc around here? I'm telling you man, that's just a story our great-grandpa used to tell. It's not real."
"You know, Otho, it's a good thing I'm the heir and not you. You'd leave us wide open to attack."
"What are y'all talking about?"
"Nothing. I've got to wash my dish."
"Otho, is Beren okay? I hate to see him upset on his birthday."
"What? Oh, yeah he's fine. I do wish he'd never heard those stupid folk tales about orcs, he takes that kind of thing so literally."
"Do you think he'll be any better as a grown-up?"
"I don't know, I guess we'll find out!"
"B, are you okay? It's your birthday and it seems like you're not having a very good day."
"I'm okay. It's just that so many things are not what I thought they were. I thought you and me share everything, but we really don't. I thought everyone understood about orcs, but they don't. I thought being heir meant I would get married right away and be a dad, but that's not looking good either."
"I just became an adult and it's already a little disappointing."
"*yawn* This party is what's disappointing, pinky."
Nice to see you, Celly.
"Don't listen to her, B, this is a great party."
"Thanks, Otho! Thank you for throwing me a party."
"Of course!"
"Try not to worry, B. You'll figure this adult thing out. I'll be here to help you. You know, maybe you need a vacation. Go somewhere to get away for awhile, clear your head."
"I do like that idea. I've always wanted to visit France, like Mom did."
At least it wasn't University.
Beren's first act as the YA heir?
"He stinks!"
He's dead. Nobody ever fed him.
"This little net is broken."
Just deal with it and go flush.
"Are you still going to France today?"
"Yup. I gotta shower, then I'm going to go."
"I hope you have fun!"
"Thanks, Otho! I hope you have fun while I'm gone."
"Time will fly I'm sure, it'll be like you were never gone."
Beren showered and headed out. I hope he packed enough clean underwear.
"I'm so glad I have my adventuring outfit!"
Rather than send him right to the adventure board, I let his wishes, and his free will, dictate what he did. His first wish was to visit the art museum.
"What a beautiful sculpture! I do so love holes!"
"Except for the one in my heart! Why, Nadia? WHY??"
He still has over a day left on the betrayed countdown and he was driving me crazy, until I remembered something.
"So THAT'S what this does. Nadia who?"
Okay, normally I reserve the moodlet manager for deaths only. Two sims days of endless sobbing is more than my sanity as a gamer can take. I swear if we were back in Sunset I would let Beren's Betrayal moodlet run its course, but since he's my only sim right now, I can't focus on anyone else, all the sobbing is making me stabby. So we're going to zap it away.
"I don't think it worked."
It worked, the moodlet's gone. Now it's just your everyday grumpiness shining through.
"Hmph."
After the art museum, Beren went back to the hostel, where he did all manner of exciting shit.
"Hey! Where'd I go?"
"OH GOD MAN! Warn me next time!"
"*grumble* Nobody ever cleans up after themselves."
"So, do you know of any nice single women here in Champs Les Sims?"
"What type of woman am I looking for? Hmmm, someone nice, and funny. She has to like blue. It doesn't have to be her favorite but it's best that she not hate it. And someone willing to defend our home if needed. And if she likes fishing, even better."
Who are you talking to in the bathroom?
"Well OF COURSE I want her to be clean! I mean, that's a given right? Jeez."
Honestly, I'm sure this shower has seen it all and could actually give some decent advice. If it could talk.
"I KNOW I'm not going to meet anyone here in the bathroom! ..................................... FINE! ALRIGHT! I'm GOING OKAY!!! You don't have to be so mean about it."
Plumbing man, I'm telling you.
Eveline: "Oh no, monsieur! Throw slowly!"
"It's okay, Eveline! You can do it!"
"I did do eet! I caught zee ball!!"
Okay, B, it's nice that you're playing catch with the children, but you need to focus on older females here. You know, legal age?
"I'm trying!! I don't know how to do this on my own!!"
Geez, I have to do everything.
"Eveline, you're a girl, right? Do you know how I can meet older girls, and what do they like to do?"
"How about zee movies? I have heard zat lots of older girls like to go to zee movies."
"Awesome! Thanks, Eveline! Now, where's the movie theater around here?"
"Uhhhhh................."
You're in a country known the world over for its cuisine..............and you ordered pizza?
"Hey, I'm on vacation and I want what I want."
"'Ere you go, monsieur, one chili pepper pizza."
Next morning,
"Oh god! An ACTUAL WOMAN!! What do I do? AHHHHHHH!!!!"
Beau: "I knew I should have had my ezpresso in ze cafe zis morning."
"Wow! You are so beautiful and perfect! Would like to go see a movie? Oh, wait, there's no theater here. Um, how about fishing? Fishing is fun! Want to go to one of the ponds and fish?"
"Er, wee, monsieur! I will, uh, go and get my fishing gear and meet you back here, yes?"
"Oh, okay."
"She's not coming back, is she?"
No hon, I'm sorry but she's not.
"I knew it. No one leaves their fishing gear at home, we always have it in our pockets. Like I'm not going to see right through that."
Let's try something else.
"Hi! Are you old enough for me to date?"
Sure, get right to the point. Why not.
"I am zorry, Monsieur Rose, but I am a teenager. I ave no romantic options with you."
And the only adult woman around was her mother. No dice, B.
"I want to go home."
Okay, okay, let's finish out this day then you can go.
This was his first pop-up adventure, so he took it. But first, a quick visit inside the nectary.
"Hello! I'd like to buy a ................"
"I'm outta here!!"
I could not get him to buy anything. As soon as he saw the cashier he would run away.
"Have you looked at that guy? It's GRIM!!" He's come for me!!"
I snagged this picture off the web, this is what the offspring of the Reaper look like. In other words, exactly like the cashier. So you can't really blame Beren for freaking out a little bit.
That said, Beren, dear, you want to learn how to make nectar, which may lead to wishes to actually produce the stuff, which means you're going to need the machine to make it, which we can only buy here.
"I DON'T CARE I'M NOT GOING BACK IN THERE!! And this guy is blocking my escape!!"
*sigh* I tried a couple of times and he absolutely refused to buy anything from that cashier. I suppose I could use buydebug if needed. After all, I tried getting it the non-cheaty way. Alright, B. Let's just do this adventure and then you can go home.
"Hi! I hear you lost something? I'm pretty good at finding things! Well, not women. Young women. Not too young though, we need to have romantic options. That's kind of necess....."
"YES, I am missing an object. I am thrilled that you want to help me!"
"Up behind the Nectary? Do I have to go IN the Nectary?"
"No, you should not have to."
"Good, have you seen who works there? No THANKS. Okay, I'll go find your missing item. What is it, by the way?"
"You shall know eet when you see eet, monsieur. It will glow with a beautiful light!"
"Really? WOW! Must be something really important and valuable!"
"Indeed, monsieur, indeed."
"This looks like the place."
"Hold on, the doors are all unlocked! Someone's already been here. Has the missing item been found? Is this all just a big joke?"
No. I mean, no it's not a big joke and the item hasn't been found. Yes, someone's already been here. This is the tomb your grandfather explored on his last day in France decades ago. That's why the whole thing is opened up and this adventure is going to take a fraction of the time it would have.
"Grandpa missed a few things."
There wasn't a whole lot of new loot to be had. Some new piles of coins, a few metal bricks, and bags of money appeared, so Beren snagged what he could.
"Hey! That hole is glowing, just like the guy said it would!! Amazing! I can't wait to find out what it is!"
"Maybe it's a magic baseball?"
I'm sure that's it. Now let's return it to him and then you can go home.
And back home we go.
When his wish to return home was fulfilled, this was the unlocked wish worth the most points. He's not going to travel again anytime soon, so I deleted it.
"How was your trip to France? Did you have fun?"
"Yeah, it was fun. I didn't get a new girlfriend like I'd hoped, but I met some nice people and got to do one treasure hunt."
"I'm glad to hear it. And try not to worry about the girlfriend thing. You're young, you've got plenty of time."
"Thinny, do you know where I might find a wild horse?"
"I've seen them by the pond in the center of our neighborhood, why?"
"I really want to watch one."
Every damn time someone comes back from traveling.
"Hey, Thinny was right!"
"Well, she's a pretty horse!"
"And you, sir, are one ugly fleshbag! BE GONE from me!!"
"UGLY? I'll show you ugly! Now come here and let me pet you!"
"Okay, okay, just sniff my finger!!"
No more horse wishes!! Maybe in another generation or two, or never.
"This is just creepy."
"Oh be quiet, you're in my room, in MY bed, which you turned blue! Did you have to make every.damn.thing in this house blue?"
"Ugh! MOM!"
"Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"
"And what's wrong with blue? I LOVE blue!"
We know. We ALL know.
"*sneef sneef* What do you tink, Venkman?"
"Booty booty!!"
"You are such a freak, you tin can!"
"Zzzzzzzzzz, you crazy fuckers need to take yur weird ass kink elsewhere! I'm tryin' ta' sleep, here!"
Oh look, another birthday.
"I just left your pizza on the ground! Have a nice party! Weirdos."
"Why is everyone staring at me?"
"Dude, what the hell outfit are you wearing?"
"My work clothes. I was going to go but I changed my mind."
"Also, you invited a hooker to my birthday party?"
"What?"
"Remember kids, the time machine is $20 extra."
"............ okay, I'm not using Dad's address book anymore."
Here's Otho as a big, grown up boy. He rolled the "angler" trait, which I can't believe he didn't have already. Like Thinny before him, I'm keeping him around to get the points for his LTW (Emperor of Evil). I figure it'll be easier for me to do this one with a spare than with an heir.
Alright, who's haunting the dirty dishes?
"Heh heh, I love parties!"
It's after noon, Finny. Time to go.
"Pffft, I'm going, I'm going. *FART* See you later!!"
"Why am I at Thinny's house?"
You've had a wish to attend a party locked in since you were a child. You never got invited anywhere, and I kept forgetting to look for parties for you to crash at night. Keisha finally invited you to one of hers, so suck it up, you're going.
"Will there be cake?"
I don't think so. It's not a birthday party.
"Booooo, Keisha! I can't believe there's no cake at this party!!"
"You live right next door, B. Nothing is stopping you from leaving."
"Aaaaaaahhh, this hot tub is much nicer than ours."
"Well, I got my wish, I guess it's time to go."
You broke her hot tub, you better run!
He really needs to be working on his LTW. I've been slacking on that.
"Hello? Yes, this is he............Yes, I am starting today.........Oh, okay..............Undercover? What does that entail?.................................Yeah, I can change my look, no problem....................You're welcome, see you soon."
The crap?
"It's my new look. I have to go undercover today. This way no one will recognize me."
Well, I barely recognize you so, well done, I guess.
"Thanks!"
Alright, let's get her ass over here.
"I'm so glad you invited me over, B! We hardly see each other since we graduated."
"Hmmmmmm."
"Your move."
"I KNOW."
"I really like your outfit, by the way."
"Thanks! It seemed to go well with my hair."
"Hmph, I don't think I'm going to win this one."
"Winning's not what's important, B, so long as you have fun!"
"I'll have fun when I win. Let's try something else."
"Sure! How about ping pong? Or Gnubb?"
"Actually, I'm thinking of something I'm a little more experienced with."
"Yeah! This is the stuff!"
"Whoa!! Watch it, watch IT!!"
"Alright, you won! Are you happy now?"
"I am very pleased."
Next day Beren went to the arcade to look for some single laydez. While there were no notable grown ass women, there was Lakesha.
"Wait, whut?"
Meet Lakesha Garvin-TM. She owes her bizarre last name to The Doctor. I have SP settings keyed to make immigrants from my sim library. I didn't realize that that meant that the sims would get the last names, too. TM is The Doctor's last name as the game required one. Anyway, Lakesha is a teen but with zero days left on her clock, so get with the "get to know" action, B.
"Um, hi! I'm Beren. I like to fish, do you like to fish?"
"Fishing is fun but it's not my favorite. I love to paint, do you like to paint?"
"Oh my god, I LOVE painting! I'm going to be an illustrious author someday! That means I'm going to publish my own books with my own illustrations in them!"
"That is so cool! I don't know what I'm going to do, yet. I've got to figure it out soon, though. Today is my birthday!"
"Wow! Happy Birthday! Say, why don't I take you out for your birthday!"
"Awesome! That'd be so fun!"
"YES!! Nailed it!"
"Oh you just wait until it's my turn!"
You took a teenager to the sports bar for her birthday?
"Why not? No one downstairs said it was a problem."
Just don't buy her a drink.
Lakesha ran off at 11pm on the dot, hopefully to go home and grow up. Next morning Beren invited her to the bowling alley.
"Hi Lakesha! You look beautiful!"
"So, are you seeing anyone?"
Pfffft. Sorry Pedro.
"Sure I'll dump my boyfriend and move in with you! Why the hell not?"
Beren finally scores. Let's meet the new girl.
Lakesha wants to be a top notch artist and guitar player. Should be doable. And yes, I do give her a different hair style.
"Okay, pins. I've been told that this is your purpose in life, I'm supposed to throw the heavy ball at you. So get over it!!"
"YES!! Take THAT, pins!!"
"Um, Beren? The pins aren't alive, they don't care one way or the other."
"Oh Lakesha. You're still so young. There's so much that you don't know."
"You're not Nadia! Who are you? Why are you here? And why do you have my girlfriend's haircut?"
Oh shit. I gave Lakesha the same style Nadia has. Eh. They look plenty different enough.
"Okay, you must be Otho. Relax dude, I'm Lakesha. Your brother's girlfriend? I live here, now. So chill, please."
"OH. Whoops. Sorry about that. Beren mentioned you yesterday, but I never know for sure what's real and what he's made up in his head. Um, nice to meet you!"
Way to make an impression Otho. Later on that night,
"Okay, this isn't my normal carpool."
You're just going to sit there?
"The driver said he'd be right back. It would be rude to run out on him now."
I don't think you understand what's happening here.
Maybe the guards are ichthyophobic?
How was it?
"Boring. I could either work out, or play this dumb game with what looked like broken dice. I'm exhausted!"
Get some sleep because you've got some business to take care of later.
Coming up on the BCWYWF challenge, Nadia moves in, Beren makes a career change, and we finally ring in the next generation of Valinors.
Points
Heirs:
LTW Heir:
Spare/Spouse:
Children:
Every $100,000:
100,000 Happiness Points (heir):
Skipped/Failed Opportunities: -2 (including the writing club opp. from last chapter that B never did)
Fulfilled Opportunities: +3
Deleted Locked In Wishes: -15
Accidental Deaths:
Social Worker Visits:
Previous Total: +171
New Total: +157





















































































































No comments:
Post a Comment