Tuesday, June 30, 2015

How to Win Architecture Jobs and Make Friends

Welcome back to the BCWYWF challenge!  Last chapter our heir, Beren, became a young adult, and traveled to France and trolled Sunset Valley looking for a spouse.  He finally found one in Lakesha Garvin-TM.  Lakesha moved in at the end of the last chapter and, after a brief misunderstanding with Otho, got settled in.  Otho also grew up, joined big sister Celly at the criminal warehouse, and ended the chapter by getting arrested on the job. After coming home and having a well-earned sleep, he called Nadia and invited her over. 


"Hi Nadia! You still want to move in, right?"

"Oh yeah!  I've never really had a nice home, so I'm excited to move in with you."


Turns out Nadia was a homeless paper girl.  No wonder she was so thrilled that both boys were dating her.  Double her chances of moving in.


Here's her stats. Her LTW is Home Design Hotshot, or something like that.  LOLOLOLOLOL!  Oh sweetie, I don't know if that LTW is going to happen for an heir, let alone anyone else.  I've only accomplished it once, and that was with an immortal sim.  It took freakin' FOREVER, and that was using MC to check client's traits, and the teleport cheat to move the sim around. Plus he started with level 10 charisma and was instant best friends with his clients. So, in short, I may change her LTW with her first 10,000 points, we'll see.  She can get the job anyway, and give it a go.

It's time for our heir and spouse live-in girlfriend to get going on the baby-making!



WTF?  There was no baby options for Lakesha, risky or otherwise.


And then I remembered that I had turned her options off in SP just in case she decided to get busy during the one night between her birthday and the day B moved her in.  Oops.


"I hear this is the fun part."

"That's what I heard!  You know what you're doing?"

"No, but my older brother said not to worry about, once we're under the covers it all just kind of happens."


I let them risky the first time, just to see what happens.


"Hold on, I think the condom just broke!"


"Oh Otho, let's not worry about that anymore!  We're adults now.  If we have a baby, we have a baby."

"Yeah, you're right."

Risky is the only woohoo these two will be doing.  If they have a baby before Otho makes his LTW, great. Otherwise they can wait until they are on their own.  I suppose if things start taking too long and he becomes an adult, we'll be more aggressive.  But he's progressing pretty quickly, arrests aside.


Because they don't already own half the town.



"That is a very nice building, especially the top few floors.  One of the bathrooms was huge!  I wonder if you can live there?"

You give that a try, see how it works out for you.


Otho maxes his athletic skill.


We JUST went to France, again.  If B travels again, it'll be to China or Egypt, unless his wish is very specific.


"Hey Otho!  How are you and B doing?  Are you still living at home?"


"Yeah, Nadia moved in with me and we're staying for the time being.  I think Beren is going to be fine, but I'd really like to be sure before moving out.  Oh, you're not gonna believe this, but B actually got a serious girlfriend!  Like, a real, live woman!  Her name is Lakesha and she moved in last week. She looks a bit like Nadia, really confused me at first, but she seems pretty nice.  She and B both like to paint.  So we're doing pretty well.  How are things with Keisha?"


"Wow!  You two have been busy.  I'm so glad B found someone.  He was so bummed that he hadn't during his France trip.  Keisha is doing fine!  She's still working for the police.  We're trying to have a baby, now.  So hopefully that'll happen soon. Um, by the way, Keisha told me you got arrested the other night?  Dude, what is going on?"


"LOL, oh that. I work at the warehouse with Celly, now, and, um, turns out one of our shipments had been brought to the Valley illegally. And since I signed the paperwork for it, uh, you know. Well, anyway, speaking of work, I've got to go. Good luck man!  Keep us apprised on the baby situation."

"I will.  And, be careful Otho!  I've always been a little suspicious of Celly and that warehouse.  Keisha says it's not what it appears to be.  So keep your eyes open."

"Will do, man.  See you soon!"


Okay, Nadia.  What happened?


"Heh-heh.  This is gonna be fun!!"

Ugh.  Nadia is a coward.  I see lots of fainting in the game's future.


"This house is HAUNTED? I DIDN'T AGREE TO THIS!!!"

Did you not see the gravestones in the side yard?  Right by the gnubb?  Too bad, pay attention next time.


"Hi! I'm............"

"Don't care!  Going to work!"

Way to be friendly, Otho.


"Tee-hee!  I like really big.."




"I'm Nadia, can I help you? Are you lost?"

"I'm Tracie. I don't have anywhere to go after school, and you have a hot tub."

"..............oooookay. Well, I never had anywhere to go, either. So why don't you come on in."


*giggle* "Is it okay if I just do my homework and play with your Xbox?"

"Sure, I don't see why not."

Awfully nice of you, Nadia.


"So I'm here to get a new job, Cyrus.  I do love working with all the fishies at the grocery store, but I've decided that I like painting more.  So I'm going to be a painter!  Why are you here?"

"I went for a walk with Grandma after school, and we just kind of ended up here.  I love Grandma but she has to talk to EVERYTHING."


"Hello, little snake!  You're very cute!  You don't bite, do you?"

Oh Kathy. Brennan died, so she spends her days with her grandson.


Cyrus is a double Valinor.  His mother is Kathy and Brennan's daughter, LAYYYYYYLA!!, and his father is Luthien's grandson. Oh yeah, it's that kind of town.


"*hisssssss* No wonder thisssss crazy lady won't leave me alone."


I had B quit his grocery store job to become a painter.  It's much more conducive to his lifetime wish, and the hours are certainly better. Plus he'll be home to take care of babies.

By the way, somehow several pictures went missing, so I'm cobbling together from remaining photos.


"Yay!  I got out of work early!!"


Finally!! I'll bet it felt like Generation 4 was never going to end.


"Celly!!  Celly, guess what?  I'm going to be a dad!  You're going to be an Auntie! One of us is finally having a kid!"

"Uh-huh.  That's great, pinky."

Hey Celly? What about YOUR kid?


"SHHHHHHHH!!  Be QUIET! Have you seen him?  There's a reason I haven't told anyone about him.  He's PINK!"

He's more of a light purple.

"Even his damn hair is pink!! SO embarrassing!"

Explains why I never got a notification.


"And Lakesha and I are gonna get married!  It's gonna be so AWESOME!!"



Yep. I was even able to lock this one in.


"Oh my GOD!  What the hell is wrong with you?  People get married and have kids all the time, pinky.  It's no big deal!"


"Well FINE!  You're not invited, then!!"

"I'm heartbroken.  Truly."

So nice for siblings to catch up.  Celly reached the top of her career!


And did not make her LTW.  She wanted to be Emperor of Evil.

"It's such bullshit.  Apparently some little punk ass with the same last name as me joined The Organization and HE wants to be Emperor.  I don't understand why that little fucker gets what he wants and I don't."

Life's hard as a non-active.

Nadia is slowly banging away on her decorator career.  She had no painting skill when she moved in, so she's reached level 3 or 4 just by "researching architectural design".


Apparently with plenty of input from Otho. I particularly like the broken windows as a design element.  Very avant garde.


She gets her very first job, and it's a sim living in one of my builds. Trust me, there's no shortage of doors and windows.  Vicki is Olorin's daughter, for those who have forgotten.

"I don't know what this lady wants me to do, there's already a lot of doors and windows in this house."



"Well, ma'am, you already had so many doors and windows that, instead of redoing the entire first floor so a new door wouldn't look ridiculously out of place, I just threw out your old back door and a few of your windows, then replaced them with new ones. I even threw in one of my very own sketches as a bonus item!"

That's ..................... honest.


Pretty good for her first review.  She'll never make this LTW, but there's an outside chance she could at least get near the top of her career.


"Help!  This graveyard shrub is attacking me!!"

It's not the bush, Lakesha.  It's baby time!!


How's it going there, B?

"Good!  I'm almost finished with 'Goodnight Orcs'."

Isn't that a little macabre for a children's book?

"Oh no, in this book the orcs are nice, so little kids won't be afraid."

Okay. You going to the hospital any time soon?

"No, why?"

No reason.

He did eventually go.


Meet little Dior, named after the only child of Beren and Luthien.  Or the fashion label, whichever way you lean.


Dior, like his Uncle Otho before him, decided to buck tradition and NOT change color in the cab on the way home.


Here's the little guy's stats.


"I've got a little something for you, Lakesha.  I think you'll really like it!"


"Happy You Just Had Our Baby So Let's Get Married Day!!"

Bet you didn't know that was a thing.  Hallmark's gonna catch on any day now.


"Oh Beren!  It's beautiful!!"

"I picked out the shiniest one!"


"OF COURSE I want to marry you!"

She really does.  She's got two marriage wishes locked in.


"I approve of this turn of events."

Quiet, you creepy little worm.


"Why isn't he pink?"

Lakesha isn't pink.  Not to mention that you're kind of an anomaly.

"I want a pink one."

You'll get what you get, B.


"Wow, my co-workers have some really nice cars!"

If you were a klepto, you could have one, too.  Heck, you could have one of theirs!

"Yeah.  Well.  I gotta go."


Sure, you don't want to keep the cops waiting.

"Man, I really hope Thinny doesn't find out about this."


"Oh my god, I'm STARVING!!!"

Latarsha: "Um, sir? If you could stop stabbing me in the face with your hunger bubble, I'd really appreciate it."

Sidewalk:  "Suspicious behavior!  Get fingerprints!"


"Oh come on, Beren, if you wait ten minutes you can have some nice, fresh mac and cheese."

"But I'm hungry now!"

"*sigh* I don't know why I bother."

I don't know why you do, either.  The fridge is full of leftovers.


"Holy moly, lady!  You can't take a book, you didn't put away the one you just finished! It's just sitting there on the table for someone else to put away!!"


"This dude has GOT to be kidding!"

Sorry, he's fussy about things like that.

"Okay, just back slowly away from the shelf, go get your old book, and put it back where it belongs!!"


"He named the star 'Smurf'?"

He was so proud of himself for discovering a blue star.


"Look at these walls!  They're EMPTY!  What is wrong with you?  You live in this big house, you're rich!  BUY SOME ART!!"

"Whoa, whoa there, you are my decorator, why didn't YOU buy any art?"


"For what you paid me?  Are you kidding? You didn't even like what I did do, even though I followed your checklist EXACTLY!!"

If I don't make Nadia go home when she finishes a job, she'll just stay at her client's house and make herself comfortable.  Or, in this case, she'll argue with them.  I'm thinking it's a holdover from her childhood when she was homeless.


Shocking.  Meanwhile, across town at the consignment shop where he put his (and Lakesha's, hey, the game doesn't seem to care) paintings up for sale, Beren runs into Kathy and tells her his exciting news.


"Guess what, Aunt Kathy!  I'm a DAD!  Lakesha and I just had a little boy.  We named him Dior."


"That's wonderful, Beren!  Congratulations!  It's too bad your mother isn't around to meet him."

"Oh, she's been around."


"Oh for crying out loud!  How am I supposed to gaze out the window with you ingrates blocking it!!"

"I'm sure she'll meet Dior sooner or later."


"I hope the nice lady is home."

Back again, are we?


"Um, hi!  Can I help you?"

"Hi Nadia!  I'm Tracie, remember me?  You let me hang out here last week?"

"I'm not Nadia, I'm Lakesha.  Are you a friend of Nadia's?"

"Uh, yeah!"

"Oh. Well, come on in.  She's on a job but she should be home any time now."

Well, she's hasn't gotten her ass thrown out yet!


"And now you're just standing around in your underwear!!  How frickin' rude!!  What are you?  Some kind of exhibitionist?"


"So, y'all got anything to eat?"


"No, you may not have anything to eat!  And it's MY house. You are here uninvited!  In fact, it's getting late. I think it's time for you to go."



Mmmm, you think?


"That BITCH!  Look at her!"

I don't know why anyone hires you, Nadia.

"She ain't even going to bed."

Don't you think it's time you went home?


"First I gotta tweet about this bullshit.  Throwing me out.  Who the hell does this rich heffa think she is?"


"DAMMIT!  WHY AM I SO TIRED?!!"

*sigh*

It was 6:30 in the morning before she finally got home.  And she still wasn't in the clear.


"Oh shit!  Another one of them damn ghosts!!"


"Oh my delicate sensibilities!!"





"The laptop is broken again."

Will you get back in the ground already?

"Can't.  Somebody's messing with my grave."


Argh!!  Idiots.


Dior had his birthday.  He's got Lakesha's blue eyes! Beren rolled several wishes to teach Dior his skills.


"This is where your poops and peepees go, Dior!"

"Dis boring, Daddy!"


Again, Otho?  And is that Keisha?

"NO, thank dog.  She really looks like her though, doesn't she?  Damn near gave me a heart attack when I came out of the warehouse."

So after almost a sim week, Beren didn't wish one way or the other for a wedding party or private wedding, so for my own sanity they went private.

They got married on the beach below their house.


"I do take you, Lakesha, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, and in times of peace and in times of orc wars."


"Oh Beren!  I do take you, in all your crazy ramblings, your brother who can't seem to stay out of jail, and more of the color blue than I ever thought I'd see in my life."


LOL!  The ground they were standing on was really uneven.


All in all I thought it was a beautiful wedding.

Later that day, Nadia got another job.  Turns out it's at the same build of mine that she did the first time around.  It was nighttime before I realized she'd never come home.


Really Nadia?  Again?

"This kid wanted to play ball, what was I supposed to do?"


You're not going home?

"Nope. I just heard something disturbing."


Whaaaaat?  She has no other romantic interests. The only thing I can think of, other than the game just being an asshole, is her relationship with Beren is going to haunt her, even though they ended that years ago.

"See?  I can't go home now!"

Yes you can, we'll figure this out.


It was another late night, though not as late as the first time.  She did  go home shortly after this.


He already has a wish to visit Egypt locked in, so this should be a piece of cake.

I think we're due for a little Dior spam, I've been neglecting the little guy.


"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!"

Okay kid, you're not helping your case.


"Mama ted I wook wike da montee on my shit!"

LOL!!  She's not wrong. Why don't you calm down and play with the toys your great-grandfather Finrod made.


"He make fo me??"

Um ......... yeah.  Sure.


"I wovs it!!"


BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!  So, did you get promoted to the Austin Powers Division?

"Laugh away.  My boss said this outfit is all the rage and will help me blend in."

Sure.  In 1968.


The next day, his performance bar started dropping even though the calendar itself shows that it's his day off.  WTF?

"I don't know!  I didn't know I was supposed to work.  My car pool never came!"


I went into map view and he had to option to go to work, so I sent him.  I made him 'work hard' to try to make up for the missed time.


I got busy with the other sims, so Otho's time at work came and went and he never left the warehouse.  Also, his work bar never went up.  It never went any lower, but he didn't gain any ground. This has happened to me with the criminal career before, really irritating.

Oh, and Thinny got old and retired.  Keisha got old, too.  They never did have children.

So I canceled the work action so Otho could be released.  And as if getting stuck and having a promotion bar in the red wasn't enough......


"This is such bullshit.  I just know Celly is behind it somehow.  She's still pissed that she's in the theft division rather than the executive track."


He made up for it by catching some deathfish.

"If I feed this to Celly, will it kill her?"

I.............honestly don't know.  Let's google.

Okay, turns out it's perfectly safe to eat, just don't fertilize plants with it.

"Crud."


"Oh man!  You never even told anyone I was pregnant!!"

Whoops.  My bad.  Well, get to the hospital then.  Otho can babysit.

While Lakesha and Beren are occupied, let's check in on Nadia.  She's doing a job for Tameka, who is living at Thorton Wolff's old place on the peninsula.


Why are you leaving the job site?

"Tameka wants me to meet her.  Here, man!  Stop right here."


"I am gonna get such a great score on this job!  I can feel it!"

Tameka is meeting you on the side of the road right down the street from, and, in fact, in view of, her house?


"Huh.  You're right.  This is probably not what she meant. I'd better get back in the cab."


"Taxi! ........................... TAXI!!..................um, taxi?"

Baby's here!  I'll get back to you, Nadia.

"Not a problem, I've got to call another cab, anyway."


It's a pink girl!  Beren's going to be so happy. Her name is Melian. Melian is the Queen of Doriath and the mother of Luthien.  Our little Mel is grumpy and clumsy.  She had the decency to stay pink after her cab ride home (maybe that's where Nadia's cab went).  Speaking of....


"Bout time you people showed up. Okay, let me off here."

"But, ma'am, I just started driving."

"I said right here!"

"Okay!  You're paying, so what ever you want, freaking weirdo."


"Man, people just do not want to listen to directions."

So, Kameka is meeting you here?  About 10 yards from where you were before?"


"Don't be dense.  She's meeting me at her house!  Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta run."


"Well, it's all done!  I think you're really going to like your new 'Single Ladies Den'. I didn't actually create a new room, I just replaced a bunch of items from around your house that you seemed to want new.  And I hung a few of my original sketches!  I think you're really going to like them."


"I suppose we'll see. I should tell you, Miss Hinson, that when I tell my hired help that I'll meet them at a certain time, I expect them to be there, not 5 minutes late.  My time is valuable and I expect you to understand that."


"Did that bitch really just say what I think she said?"

Just go and get your review.


Luckily, Tameka was pleased with Nadia's work, even giving her a $500 bonus.


The job even got Nadia an award!


Shiny.

Otho seems to really like Melian.


"You're so cute! You look like a baby B!"


Don't all babies like to watch the gardening channel in the yard?

"Don't worry, Mellie! Uncle Otho won't let the big, bad plants get you!"


Lakesha finally finished the portrait of Beren I commissioned.


Now Beren and Finarfin can hang out.

"He won't even look at me."

"I don't think I even HAVE eyes."


Okay wait, Beren is painting, you're going to work, who's in the time machine?

"Nadia.  We were going to woohoo but my carpool came."

She'll love that.


"Okay, sorry about that!  Didn't know anyone was actually using that shuttle pod. I was just waiting for someone, my mistake, won't happen again. Ok, bye!"


"Where the HELL did that boy go?"

To a warehouse far, far away.


WTF?


Oh for crying out loud, you are not dumpster diving!

"But Nadia is going to be pissed at me!  I need to get her a present!"

I DON'T CARE GET YOUR ASS BACK IN THAT WAREHOUSE!!!!

"Okay, okay.  God. You don't have to yell."


This chapter is bordering on "Goblet of Fire" length, so we'll call it here.  Coming up, moar babies, Beren has another job whim, and it turns out Otho has a bigger asshole streak than I thought.

Points

Heirs:
LTW Heir:
Spare/Spouse:
Children: +2
Every $100,000:
100,000 Happiness Points (heir):
Skipped/Failed Opportunities:
Fulfilled Opportunities:
Deleted Locked In Wishes:
Accidental Deaths:
Social Worker Visits:

Previous Total: +157

New Total: +159

No comments:

Post a Comment