Friday, March 27, 2015

This Generation Never Ends, It Goes On And On And On and Onnnnnnnnnn




"Something feels ........... different around here.  I can't put my finger on it.  Quieter, maybe?  A little less chaotic?  Did one of the kids finally grow up and move out?"

"Your mom died last night, you didn't see the extra headstone in the yard?"


"Ohhhhh.  That'd do it.  No, I haven't been outside, yet.  How'd she die?"

"No idea.  Some old, green dude brought her urn home. He blubbered something about being sorry.  I suppose he could've killed her but I didn't ask."

"Eh, no big.  That bitch was old as dirt, and if he killed her I'm sure she deserved it.  By the way, I'm thinking of going out tonight after work to that new bar that opened where the old pool used to be.  Want in?"

"Nah, I'm working on another book."

As you can see, the Valinors are devastated by Georgie's death last chapter.


Bradley's all broken up about it, too. I just noticed that the food on the plates makes it obvious that the pictures are uploaded in reverse order.  Like I give a fuck.  If accuracy is your thing, you probably haven't made it even this far in this story. Speaking of making it, does this generation feel like it's dragging on forever to anyone else?  If so, sorry but it's going to drag on even longer.  You'll see why in just a bit.


"You ready, Dad?"

"Just throw the damn thing!"


"Okay, you asked for it!"


"I got it, I GOT IT!!"


"Shit, no I don't."


"Will you quit being such a fucking show off and just throw the damn ball like a normal person??"


"Sorry, man.  I don't do 'wussy'."


"You calling me a wuss?!?"

"What the hell are you going on about?"


"You think I'M a wuss?  You're a two-bit, low rent, shadow of your grandmother!  You want to be evil like her, but you don't have a fraction of her mojo and class."

"Honey, when you're done bitching out Celly, I'd like to see you in the bedroom."


"I never said shit to you about being a wuss!  But since we're on the subject, you're a total ass, too!  I'm NOTHING like Grandma! And thankfully I'm nothing like you!"


"No shit.  You're red.  Are you even mine?"

"SO two chapters ago, Dad."


"Ah, you still totally got it, baby."

"Thanks!  It helps that you're still a total hottie."

"Say Santos, now that we're getting up there, what do you think about us having another kid?"

"Now?  You really want to go through all that again, babe? Your dad isn't here to raise them  help."

"I know, but I'm feeling the clock tick-tocking."




I decided at the beginning of the game that if my heir rolled a really big, potentially game altering wish (to get married, break up, kiss someone, flirt with someone, have a child) that I would honor it even if I couldn't lock it in.  So while I wasn't able to lock this one, I guess this generation isn't over yet.

"Whatever.  I don't care.  I have a book to write."


"Heh-heh.  Sure thing, 'bro'.  I even have the perfect title in mind."


Klassy, Santos.  I'd call you a pig but real pigs didn't do anything to deserve that.

Yavanna picked a good time to roll that wish because that day at work......



Right under the wire.  Thank dog. Maternity leave is going to kill my female heirs with job related LTWs.  It's one of the reasons I'm leaning toward Thingol for heir over Celly.  Between getting arrested and "your shift ended after midnight so because you got promoted you're going to miss a day of work" the criminal careers take long enough to reach the top.  Add maternity leave on to that?  Ugh.  Plus I just did the "evil female" thing with Yavanna (and with Georgie to an extent) and really don't want to repeat so soon.

She, also, rolls a wish befitting a soon to be pregnant woman.





"What?  I'm not pregnant YET."

*sigh* So I send her over to the new sports bar I put in where the old pool used to be, down by the movie theater.  She wastes no time picking out a target.


"Your hat is stupid, and your mother is a LLAMA!!"

She has NO athletic skill.  I'm not sure this is going to go at all well for her. Plus it's my first bar fight.  I'm not sure what makes it different from a standard fight.


"Please, look at that guy!  I am so much more bad ass than him."

Yeah, you're bad-assing all over the place in your labcoat and kerchief.

"Oh fuck off."


"How dare you say that about my mother!  You're goin' down!!!"

"Come guys, we're singing about peace, love, and puppies here!"


Three things I noticed about bar brawls.  One, they are a heck of a lot longer than regular fights.  It felt like this dragged on and on.


Two, it's not easy to tell right away who's winning.  Yavanna appeared to be winning this one, at first.

"And don't even get me started on your father!!"


Three, this is the first time a bystander actually stopped to notice the fight.  Usually sims go about their business like nothing is going on, but old lady stopped playing the guitar and watched the brawl go down.

"Wow, that is a LOT of dust and debris.  Does this place even have a cleaning service?"


Girl, it is not looking good for you.


"I best not hear you disrespect our military OR my mother EVER again."

"Damn, this is not how I wanted this to end."





So I messed around with some settings in Story Progression.  I wanted to turn immigration back on since the town is getting overrun with Valinors.  And whatever I did allowed adoption for the first time.  There have been at least 4 or 5 other adoptions since this little girl (who was adopted by a gay couple).


If Yavanna is going to get that "win a bar brawl" wish, she's going to have to get her athletic up, so we bought a treadmill and threw it out by Finny's old lab.

"I totally got this shit."


"Holy crap!  What is wrong with this thing??"



Keep at it, you're not going to be able to use it for much longer.


Unlike Thingol over here who is already at level 6, and still looks like an 80lb weakling.

"Hey!  You just wait until I'm out of my awkward, adolescent stage."


"I'm telling you, Keisha, I'm the strongest one in my family!  My dad can barely even throw a football!"

"I'm sure you are, Thinny!!"


Thinny took Keisha out to eat, and while they were inside I went wandering and saw Lynnette with her and Cirdan's little girl, Misty.  I have no idea why Lynnette looks so freaked out.

"I was just in the bookstore and saw an ad for an upcoming biography by a best selling author.  The book is called "I Married A Fat Chick", and it's about CIRDAN!!  I don't understand!  Was he married before?"


Anyway.....


"So Mom, since I'm probably going to be heir, I wanted to let you know that I have the girlfriend thing all locked up.  Her name is Keisha!  She's really pretty, and not a total asshole like Dad and Grandma."


"Yeah honey.  Sure thing.  That's great!"

"You don't seem very enthused."

"Let's just say the heir race is still open."


"Wow.  This is the yellowest house I've ever been in."

It's the yellowest one I've ever seen.  She's at Cirdan's house for a formal party, thus why she's in her wedding dress.


See, Misty is green. Yavanna is jade.  Case closed.


This was the party, everyone standing in an upstairs bedroom watching a woman play a guitar that never rendered.  Yavanna picked Misty up as soon as she got to the party and didn't put her down until she left.  Sorry kid.


Can you tell whose child this is?  It's Stacie, Luthien's youngest.  Spitting image of her.


She's already got some plants going so this shouldn't take too long.


Thinny rolls his LTW while at the gym.  Definitely doable for him.


"Santos is going to be so excited!"

If he ever looks up from the laptop, or takes a breath while bitching out the kids.


"Okay little ball, listen to me.  You and I are going to RULE this yard!"


"You wish, sis.  You seem to forget that I'm the athlete in this family."


"It's Ping-Pong, I'm pretty sure attitude overcomes muscle."


"Shoot!"

"Just like I said."



"I think we all know which is the low point."



That'll do, Santos.  That'll do.


Look who showed!  Hi, Georgie!

"Why is the tv on the exact opposite side of the yard from my grave?"


"Ugh!  Toads are so nasty.  Why in the world did I ever want to catch 50 of them?"

Beats me.  I think you rolled that wish early in your young adulthood and we're still working on it.


I mean, look at that thing.  Yuck.


I was able to lock this one in.  Luckily she already has some watermelon in her inventory ready for scarfing.


Yeah, yeah, "me, too" blah blah blah.


"WHY are you such a huge jerk?  You yell at me, you yell at Celly, heck you and Grandma used to fight all the time!  What is the matter with you?"

"There's nothing the matter with me, you little punk ass!   I'm just fine.  It's you idiots that can barely friggin' function around here!"


"Well you better watch yourself, old man. I'm not going to be a teen for much longer, and if you don't start being nicer, well you're gonna be sorry!"

"You call that a threat?  I'm embarrassed to call you my son!"

Santos picks fights with the kids constantly.  If I leave him on free will, he'll fight with whichever one I didn't assign a task.  He's rolled wish after wish to be mean to Thinny (probably because he's good). Funny thing is that, even left on free will, he and Yavanna hardly ever fight.  He'd always pick a fight with Georgie or the kids over her.  They have the wierdest relationship.


"Oh my god, you're pregnant AGAIN?  This one IS Santos', right?"

"Ew, dad.  Go back to your grave and stay out of my business."

"That was not a 'yes'."


"Look Mom, you know that Celly is very similar to you and Grandma, right?  She doesn't bring anything new to the table like I do.  And she looks like she's got a permanent sunburn."

"I think it's adorable that you think I have any say in this matter."


"Holy crap!  Mom!!  Why are you just standing there?  The baby is coming!!  The baby is coming!!"




Meet Beren Valinor as he appears outside the hospital.


And Beren after his taxi ride home.  That is some serious pink.


Insane and neurotic?  I am intrigued.


"I, on da odah hand, am not."

Sorry kid, but you're noticeably NOT a girl.  And since your mom wished to have a girl, she and your dad are giving it another go.

"I feewing da' wuv."

And hearing it.




"Wow, little guy.  I'll bet you glow in the dark."

With no grandparents around, Yavanna is forced to actually interact with Beren on a regular basis. At least while Celly and Thinny are in school.


Still working on that bar brawl wish.

"I can't believe that jumping jacks are still a 'thing'."

As long as you look good doing it, that's what matters.


"What the hell is everyone looking at?"

No idea, I doubt even they know.


Nice family shot.  We have Cirdan, Santos, Broderick (who will likely soon be family), Brennan, Kathy, Yavanna, and Thinny.


I gave her "athletic" for her final trait.  She moved out into her own little home.  I didn't move her in with Broderick as I'm curious to see if they'll end up together without my interference.

"Criminal warehouse, here I come!!"

Good luck, kiddo.


"Y'all really need to ease the death grip on your credit card and buy a nicer hot tub. I swear this one breaks every time I come over."

And now it's a party. This is why I let Santos treat you like shit, Cirdan.


"AARRGGGHHEIUHBBMSPPAIJNHEARTATTACK!!!!"

"OH MY GOD!!  Dude, you almost gave me a heart attack."

"Dammit.  So close."


"Seriously kid, you need to stop throwing money away on shit like fire alarms for the elderly.  Don't make me beat the crap out of you."

"Oh I'd like to see you try."

Santos fighting with the kids?  Must be a day ending in 'y'.


This formerly bald child is LAYYYYYYLAAAAAAAAAAA!!!  Kathy and Bren's oldest. She got Celly's sunburn gene.


"Aw man, I don't wanna get old."

I don't give a rat's ass what you want. You only get a cake because it's Beren's birthday today, too.


I didn't have to lock this in.  Girl, you need to make up your damn mind.


Meat plants, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.




"It sure is a lovely morning for pancakes."


"You know what, I'm not that hungry after all.  Later!!"

This little joke of yours is getting really old, Fin.


"Who the fuck left pancakes cooking on the stove?  It was one of those goddamn ghosts, wasn't it?"

Just take the pan off the stove, please.  I'd like to age the baby up without a fire.


"Yay!  I gets an exciting birfday!!"

No you don't.  Your moron father successfully finished the pancakes, so no fires here.

"Den why mama sceeming?"


Really, Yavanna?  Right now?

"SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GET ME TO THE HOSPITAL!!"


"Hi all!  I toddlah Bewen, and I so cute dat da simgod is sewiouswy stahting to considah me for heiah!"

HDHFUAHBVPOPWUHBHJKHIS!!!!!  Just look at him!





"As you see, Mistah Big Gnome, dis is da bang bang toy."

Alright, I know you're insane, but who are you talking to?


"Da big gnome."

There is no big gnome, they are all smaller than you.

"He right dehya."


Holy crap!  Where the shit did you come from?


Oh.  Right.  Freakin' weird ass babysitters.



Meet the newest family member, a boy, naturally.  And I considered him SO important that I totally spaced on getting a screenshot of his name, traits, and likes.  And I honestly cannot remember what I named this kid. It may have been Thorin, the dwarven prince from The Hobbit.  I'll look it up later and let you know.  Regardless, Baby Boy Valinor did not change color in the taxi.


I decided to delete this wish and take the penalty.  The watermelon did not work either time so I don't know what's going on.  She's only fertile for one more day, she's about to age up.  Sorry, Yavanna, you're not having another girl.

"Eh, I really don't care.  I was just messing with you."



**transmission from the future**


Okay, his name is Otho, after the husband of Lobelia Sackville-Baggins, Bilbo's relatives and nemeses. And he's an average looking toddler.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.


"Hey little guy, time to get you up and feed you."

"You dots a tangawoo on your head!!"

Thinny really is a sweetheart.  He helps take care of the babies and doesn't seem to mind.


"Hee-hee!!  No, Mistah Tangawoo Cwaw!!  NO!!"

Beren almost exactly matches Thinny's eyes.  It's an eye color, game, not a skin color.  Although it is pretty cute on Beren.


Santos' avatar/portrait still has not caught up.  No wonder he gets asked out on so many dates.  Seriously, at least twice a day some crazy chick calls him up wanting to go out. I don't get it.


"The crackhouse on Summer Hill Court?  Yep, this must be it."

What the hell?  We never get random visitors up here in 1%-land.  Especially old ladies in fancy dresses.  **opens dish soap**




"Hello!  I'm Elisabeth Kyle.  I'm Olorin's baby-mama that he never married."


Oh yeah, look at that.  They had a pink kid, too.


"So ................. do you want to come in or ...?

"OMG, seriously, Kathy?  You're going to like Olo's update but not mine?  Ugh, you are SO blocked bitch."

"Uh-huh.  I'll be in the house."

"Damn.  You flirt with somebody's husband ONE time........."


"Well, you don't look like your portrait but still, you're very handsome. I think you and I could ....."


"What???  What the fuck's wrong with you, lady?  I just frickin' met you!"


"Oh come on!  What's a little harmless flirting?  I wore my prettiest dress and everything."


"I'm MARRIED, happily, to a woman who would not hesitate to ensure that neither of our bodies will ever be found!"

"Okay, okay.  Sorry. Jeez.  I didn't know it was like that.  I mean, I don't see an 'eternally faithful' moodlet on you."

"Fine.  Just forget it........... How was your day?"

"Kinda shitty, actually."

**two seconds later**


"I must say, Santos, you have aged VERY well.  Like a fine wine..  In fact, I'd love to hold you close and uncork your bott.."




"Lady, you are one freaky, scary-ass bitch!  You and I are not doing ANYTHING!!"

"Ugh, really?  Look man, I've seen your wife and between the kerchief and the labcoat, I don't think she's doing any popping off, kwim?"


"Get the HELL out of my house before my wife comes home and your dumbfuck antics land me some real estate out in the side yard by the damn gnubb!!"

You wish.  You're going to the graveyard.


"Oh my GOD, I knew I should've steered clear of this steaming dump.  You're KILLING me, kid!  Take that mallet and shove it.."

"SHUT UP and get THE FUCK off my lawn before *I* shove that damn mallet where you'll need a FUCKING SURGEON to get it out!!"

Sometimes I do love you, Santos.  You still can't stay, but I'm fond of you sometimes.

"And da' wheeas on da' bus go wound and wound, wound and wound, wound and wound. Da' wheeas on da' bus go.."



Next time on  BCWYWF, do I really go with the toddler for heir?  Will Yavanna EVER catch 50 toads?  Will Santos finally succumb to temptation and cheat on Yavanna? Will I break down and add on to the house when Thinny ages up (as I'm keeping him to reach his LTW regardless), or are people going to start sleeping in the yard?  Find out next chapter.

Points

Heirs:
LTW Heir:+25
Spare/Spouse:
Children: +2
Every $100,000:
100,000 Happiness Points (heir):
Skipped/Failed Opportunities:
Fulfilled Opportunities:
Deleted Locked In Wishes: -5
Accidental Deaths:
Social Worker Visits:

Previous Total: +119

New Total: +141


No comments:

Post a Comment