Tuesday, August 25, 2015

If You Just Believe


"Isn't this fun, Georgie?"

"Eh. It's alright I guess. It happens almost every morning so the novelty has worn off."


"Well I think it's fun."

"You also thought whoring around was fun."

"................"




"*sigh* Here you go, Gaff."

Welcome back to the BCWYWF Legacy.  Last chapter Beren and Lakesha went to Egypt and mended their friendship, though not their marriage, Otho and Nadia had little Gaffer, Beren dipped his toe in his sister-in-law's waters, he hired a butler who lasted all of a week before quitting like a big, damn baby, and both Dior and Melian screwed me in the LTW department, both rolling the Fairy Tale Finder wish. Otho completed his lifetime wish, and Lakesha is almost finished with hers.

Speaking of Lakesha, the poor girl is doing okay, though she deserves more of a life than I'm giving her.



Nadia is still plugging away at her career.


"Um, I need to take measurements, y'all."

"We're almost done!  Trust me, this guy takes NO time at all."


"You need to lose the attitude, Jaime.  You're the one who wanted to marry me!"

"Oh don't get me wrong, you're cute and all, sweetheart. It just takes you a round or two to really be of any use."

*sigh*


"Wow. That's ................. quite a space rock."

At least all that time he spends on the telescope isn't a complete waste.


Sad.  He never did find out about Keisha and Beren.


You go, Keisha.  Pedro is Lakesha's high school ex.


Nadia finally reaches the top of her career.

 

"Did you hear, B? Nadia got promoted!  She's a Dictator of Design!"

"Wow, Otho!  Congrats to her! That's great news!"


"Thanks!  Listen, she and I have been talking. This house is so crowded. It's hard to get around, we're all on top of each other, even the butler quit because it's such a mess (yeah, sure, that's the party line). Gaffer's birthday is tomorrow.  I think after that, we're going to move out and get our own place."


"Are you sure you want to do that? I don't mind all the people."

"Yes, we're sure. It's not like we'll go very far. We'll stay in town."


Gaffer rolled "good" for his trait.  Interesting.

"Suddenly, I'm not that fond of Dad anymore."

Well kids, it's been fun!


I moved Otho and family into a nice 3 bedroom home in town. We'll miss you guys, but we've got plans.


All the guitar playing finally pays off.  Now her life can start over.


"Beren, I've been doing some thinking. I know this may be hard for you to hear, but I'm moving out on my own. I'm really hoping to meet someone and fall in love again, and that's just too difficult for me while I still live here with you."


"*sigh* I understand. I kind of expected that this would happen sooner or later. Do you need any help moving?"


"No, thanks. I've already got a place picked out. Nadia even decorated it for me! But there is one more thing. Dior wants to come with me. I don't want to leave both of my kids behind, and both of them want to get horses, which would be a lot for one household. Please tell me you're okay with this."


"Dior wants to leave, too?  Man, everyone is going. I know I'm a little challenging, but I didn't think it bothered everyone that much."


"No, B, it really isn't you. I mean, for me it is, but it's definitely not for Dior. Both kids want to get pets, and that's a lot for one household. If Dior lives with me, that'll be fewer pets you'll have to take care of here."


"Oh. Well. Okay. I guess you're right."

And so, two more family members moved out, partly to give Lakesha a last shot at happiness, but mostly to make room for new family members.


"Mmmmmm, I like pancakes."

Meet Bill, a shy, agile horse halfway to elderhood.  I did a little research and it looks like Mel is going to have to be BFFs with three different creatures to be able to adopt a unicorn. Owning three pets is going to be the easiest way. We'll add them gradually over the course of her teenhood.


"Hi Bill! I'm Mellie! We're going to be best friends!"

"Hmm, you have carrots. While not pancakes, still quite yummy!"

And now I'll sit back and wait for all the horse related wishes to roll in. It's not like she wants to be a jockey, so we'll see if I end up deleting any.

It's an adjustment for everybody.


"This is an awfully small swimming pool."

"It's not a pool, it's my water trough. I drink out of it."

"You live here? We got another horse?"

"You've had horses before?"

"Yes, my daughter, Alty, adopted a couple of them. One ended up with my other daughter, Luthien. And I'm not sure what happened to the second one."

"You're not sure?"

"Nope. One day he was here, the next, gone without a trace."

"Great."

Yes, the pets talk. At least to me and the ghosts.


Yeah, Lakesha!  You get some!


Damn, moss does not grow on any sims around here.

Mellie attempts to ride Bill for the first time.


"Okay, how hard can this be?  Hold still, Bill!"


"WHOA!  Okay, hold on, ............. almost .................... there .............."

Bill was remarkably patient with all the messing around. Probably why I purposely picked a trained horse.


"Alright, I got this! Whoa, not too fast, Bill!"


They did a short walk around the neighborhood.  LOL!  You okay there, Mel?


"Huh? Oh, yeah, fine. We're moving. Big animal. High off the ground. We're good. WHOA! Slow down, Bill!  Um, maybe we should go home?"

She didn't do too bad for her first time out.

Otho came over for a visit.


"It's so good to see you, Otho!"

"You too, B! How's life treatin' ya'?"


"Okay. Lakesha and Dior moved out."

"Nadia told me. How are you doing without them?"

"Alright, I guess. I've been fishing a lot. Doing some painting. It's really quiet around here, now. It's kind of eerie."


"I see Mellie got a horse."

"Yeah, his name is Bill.  He's a nice horse.  She's learning to ride him and everything. How are Sam and Gaffer?"


"They're fine, doing well in school. Gaffer and I are going through a bit of a rough patch. We're not getting along very well at the moment. He really dislikes my warehouse job."

"Thinny never really liked it either."

"Yeah, Gaff reminds me a lot of Thinny. I miss the old guy."

"Me too."


"And did you hear, Celly died recently, too. I saw her obituary in the paper."

"No, I didn't hear that. Though she didn't like me very much."

"LOL!  Don't worry about it. She didn't like anybody. She HATED everyone at work, especially me."


Mel met Jacques when they were children and they became best friends. He's about a sim week younger than her, however, so she'd been calling him almost every day to keep their friendship up. Luckily it appears that she likes him.


He has the ears. He's related to the Valinors somehow.


Damn, the family trees are almost too big for one page.  So he's related through Luthien, who is his great-great grandmother. Nice.


Look at this kid! He's got totally awesome elf features. We are so making babies with you, dude.




Look! It's a paint-by-the-numbers portrait of Mellie, painted by Gaffer!  Oh who am I kidding? Gaffer would have done a better job.


Nope, you've already been to France.


Yay!  Maybe she'll get to have another baby.


Mellie went to Jacques' house after school and got acquainted with his baby sister, Quiana.

"WAAAAHHHHHH!!! SOMEBODY, ANYBODY, FEED ME!!"

"*sigh*, Where are Jacques' parents? I swear I just saw them."


"The baby's crying."

"Yup, I hear her."

"We're still gonna do it, right?"

"Oh hell yeah."

Sim parenting at it's finest.




"Here you go, Quiana."

"Man, I'm hungry, too."

"You can get your own food."


Samwise is a teen!  I actually see quite a bit of Otho in there.


Pet number two!

"I donna bahk and bahk and bahk!!"



This is Pippin. He is hyper, skittish, and loyal, and is going to be a puppy for quite a bit longer. I didn't change anything but his name, this is how he came from the shelter.


"Sooo, there's a puppy in the house. Any chance we're babysitting?"

"Nope, that's Pippin. He's ours, I adopted him this morning."


"Oh. Is Bill okay with this?"

"I don't know, I'm sure he's fine with it."


"I tawt dis house was supposed to have a good view."

"What is that weird noise? Where is it coming from?"


"Oh, it's you. Hello."

"Hi!  Are you Bwack Beauty?"

"No. I'm Bill."

"Don't step on me!"

"I'll try not to."




Beren was on his way to the graveyard when he got out of the car to have his birthday.


Old man B.  We are passing heirship on to Mellie at this point.


Beren's total happiness points.


"You mean I get the truck, now?  Sweet!! It's even my favorite color!"


"Great. I knew I should've checked the senor outing schedule before going out. Must be a sale on large print books today."

Damn. Some of y'all need to let go already. Not you, Beren.


"Who's a good puppy?  Who's the best puppy?"


"I don't know. Who?"

Mellie spends most of her time riding Bill, or becoming bffs with Pippin.


"Okay, right here Bill.  Stop!  Whoooooooaaa!"

"Seriously? You rode about 15 yards."

Sometimes you've got to take whatever time you can get.


"Who dis? He don't smell like anyfing."

That's Finarfin.  Better get used to him, he's around a lot.


"Um, hi. Do you live here, too?"

"Yeah. Do you got treats?"


"Sure, little guy. Here you go."

"Dere's nofing der."

What do you expect from ghost treats?


Turns out Pippin's not SUCH a good puppy.


"Bad puppy! My great-great something Grandpa made that!  No chewing!!"

The horse isn't always much better.


"I don't know how I got here either. This is what happens when you don't watch me 24/7."

*sigh* Resets.


Dior had his young adult birthday.


As did Pippin. He's like a tiny German Shepard.


He gets on well with his grandpa.

"He tastes like bubble gum!!"


Mel and Jacques have a nice, romantic date outside the grocery store.

"Honey, I like your family but did you have to bring Quiana on our date?"

"That's not Quiana, that's Elaina. Quiana has dark hair."

"Your parents had ANOTHER kid?"

"WAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!  ONE OF YOU ASSHOLES NEEDS TO FEED ME!!!"

Apparently starving your toddlers is a 'thing' in the White-Wainwright household. So glad you made it to teenhood, Jacques.

"Me, too.  I'm hungry now, in fact."


Bill has his elder birthday.


"I don't feel any different."

Good. You need to hang in there until we get the damn unicorn moved in.  Do NOT be the one horse of mine to die the moment your lifebar runs out.

"I make no promises."


Gaffer's a teen!  So cute.


The gnome population is growing.  Most of the standard guys were obtained either through the miner, or Otho stole them on the job.


"Why are you harassing me, lady?"

"I just want to be your friend!"

This is Mel's life.  School, homework, ride horse, clean / brush horse, play with dog, follow stray horses around town.  Mel decided she needed some face time with her mother, so she invited her out to dinner.


"Hi sweetheart, how have you been?"


"Really good! I've been practicing riding Bill and I'm getting pretty good. Pippin's not a puppy anymore. Dad taught him how to hunt, so he digs up all kinds of cool stuff.  Oh!  And did I tell you about Jacques?"

"Is that the boy that you like? The one from elementary school?"

"Yeah!  He's my boyfriend, now! How's Dior? Does he like his theater job?"


"He does!  He mostly moves equipment, gets coffee, cleans up after us. He's doing well. How's your father?"

"He's good. He spends a lot of time with Bill and Pippin, or talking to Uncle Otho on the phone."

"Is he seeing anyone?"


"Oh my god, get this.  He says he's made friends with a fairy.  A FAIRY!  As in, Tinkerbell."


"LOL! Seriously? I guess fairies aren't as threatening as orcs."

"Well, they're less ugly, at any rate."


"Beren, listen, you really don't have to worry about orcs.  My ancestors drove those horrid creatures out of Sunset Valley a thousand years ago.  We are still guarding the border. I promise we're being vigilant. Even if they come back, they won't get in."


"Thank you, Doris!  That's such a relief! No one else takes me seriously."


"I'm sorry to hear that, Beren. Unfortunately, most of Simkind is of limited intelligence, and short of memory. Most of them have relegated orcs to the dusty corners of mythology and folklore. Don't let them get to you. It is alright that they do not believe, we will protect them anyway."


"*giggle* Just humor him, honey. He's a very sweet man, but he's never quite been all there. I'm glad you're keeping an eye on him."


"No worries, Mom. I'll take care of him! Love you!"

"Love you, too, Mellie!"


"Fools, all of them. Filthy, arrogant fools."


Points

Heirs: +1 (Mellie)
LTW Heir:
Spare/Spouse:+10 (Lakesha)
Children:
Every $100,000:
100,000 Happiness Points (heir): +10
Skipped/Failed Opportunities: -2
Fulfilled Opportunities:
Deleted Locked In Wishes:
Accidental Deaths:
Social Worker Visits:

Previous Total: +191

New Total: +210

No comments:

Post a Comment