Friday, August 7, 2015

Downton Shabby


So long Sunset Valley!  We'll see you in a few minutes sim days!

Last chapter Beren inexplicably broke up with Lakesha, leaving everyone flabbergasted and quite confused. He still had a wish to travel with her, so they are taking a quick vacation to Al-Simhara, Egypt.  Hopefully they can come home at least friends again.


"*SOB!!* I'm still SO SAD that my husband divorced me over a bullshit fairy tale!"

*sigh*

"Okay.  Well.  I'm going to bring this painting to the buyer.  Meet up later?"

"SOB!!"

I don't think they are going to be able to work on their relationship until her moodlet counts down, and she's got at least 12 hours left on it.  So while B turned in the painting, Lakesha went to the Sphinx.


Where she proceeded to play guitar for hours, as you do.


How did it go?

"Pretty good.  She gave me a lot of money for that painting! I got the heck out of there before she realized she way overpaid."


Done and done.  Beren fished for awhile.


He was well within view of the Sphinx the entire time so, after awhile, he ventured up to see how Lakesha was doing.


"Is she still mad at me?"

Yup.  You're going to have to wait until tomorrow to talk to her.

"Poop."

Around dusk Lakesha decided she was done and headed back to camp.  Not having wished for anything exotic, Beren followed her. They spent the night in separate tents, not the luxury hotel Lakesha was hoping for, and probably deserves.

You know how in every tour group there's always those people?  The rude ones with no sense of decorum, boundaries, and good timing?  In the middle of the night, B and Lakesha were awakened by theirs.


"Ha HA!  That lady is gonna get her ASS kicked!"

"It's one o'clock in the morning!  It's so late my tent is still sleeping! How very rude!"

The fight ended and, lacking further entertainment, they both went back to sleep. Next morning Lakesha's moodlet was gone and, consequently, she was in a much more forgiving mood.


"So, are you having an okay time?"

"I suppose. The accommodations aren't what I'd pictured, but the history and architecture of the place are pretty amazing."


"Lakesha, I'm really sorry that it didn't work out for us."

"Don't worry about it, Beren. I've given up on trying to understand it."

"Are, are you still mad at me?"


"*sigh* Beren, I don't know what you expect me to say. I thought everything was fine. We were both working at our careers, raising two beautiful children, then you drop this bomb on me out of the clear blue sky. Yes, I'm mad.  I'm mad that you did this, I'm mad that I can't even wrap my brain around why, I'm mad that I'm in the prime of my life and I'm stuck living with the man who divorced me without warning, just so I can keep seeing my kids. I still love you, B, but I swear I don't even know who you are right now."


"I know, Lakesha.  I wish I could explain it better than I can. It's almost like ................. like I see the world differently.  Like I'm living in one world, but everyone else around me is in a different one. I can't explain my world because no one else is seeing it, no one else really believes it exists. I guess I don't expect anyone to understand anymore."


"That's the worst part of it, Beren. I don't understand, at all. I want to, I really do.  It would even be easier for me if you were a huge jerk about it.  At least then I could write you off as some crazy asshole who doesn't care about me or anyone else anyway.  But I know that's not true.  I can tell you're sincere, I know you care about me, I know you really love the kids, and your brothers. But I just don't understand you, B. It's scary to be in a relationship with someone so unpredictable, so unreadable. Honestly, now that I've had some time to think on it, I'm glad we're done.  Now that I've seen this side of you, I don't think I can go back."


"Yeah, well. That makes sense, I guess. Do you think that, maybe, we could just be friends?"


"Oh Beren.  I suppose we have to, for the kids if nothing else."

So they came to a compromise, if not a terribly satisfying one. Beren did not roll any additional relationship wishes regarding Lakesha, though he did throw this one last night after the fight.


Seriously, my sims are on these trips for 24 hours and decide that they are done.  He didn't roll any adventure related wishes, even with two open slots. So, having done what they'd gone there for in the first place, they went home.


Dior: "Who's that?"

Your great-great grandfather Fin.

"The one who made the toys?"

No, that's your great-grandfather Finrod.

"Oh. Shouldn't he be back in his grave, it's pretty late in the morning?"

Yes, he should be.

Fin: "Who's this?"

Your great-great granddaughter Mellie.

"She's pink."

Your great-grandson, her father, is pink.

"Wait, the pink guy is my descendent?"

Yes.

"How?"

We covered this no less than ten chapters ago.

"You never tell me anything!"


"Aw MAN!  She broke the tv!"

That's right, blame it on the toddler.

"Dis guy is stupid!"


"What is this? The outside tv is broken, this kid is playing video games on the inside tv, and pink guy is using the computer!  What am I supposed to do?"

Go back to your grave?

"Ugh!  I might as well!"


I had Beren (or someone) go ahead and call to get the tv repaired.


Of course B throws this wish after the repair sim had already shown and was fixing the tv. I'll take the penalty as I suppose I could have kept the wish until the tv inevitably broke again.


Thanks Fin, she WAS teaching Sam to talk.

"Yay!  Tv all bettah!"


"Nuffing to see heah, I doh pway."

Hmmmm, looks like the risky woohoo might have finally taken.


Yup, the last available household slot is about to get filled up.


"I don't ahways hang out, but when I do, I weawy wike to get deep in it!"




"I missed my carpool for this!"

Lakesha becomes an adult.


"Mama, I hungy!!  Mama!!"

Oh for pete's sake, why did she put you in the high chair?


"Mama?"

Dammit Fin!!

"What? I'm hungry too!"

DIOR!!!! GET IN HERE!!


"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!  I DONNA DIE HEAH!!!"

"Dude, chill."


"Here, have some really gross looking slop."

"Tank oo D......wha??"


"Eh. Is otay. Needs sugah."




Finally. I haven't decided whether I'm moving them out or not. The house is crowded but I really like having them here. It may depend on whether or not Beren wishes for more kids, and I may still move Lakesha out.


"You keep saying that but I don't think you really mean it."


"Oh Beren, I really hope you know what you're doing.  Lakesha is such a nice girl.  Who do you think you're going to get who is better than her?"



BEREN VALINOR!!!

"What? Keisha's always been really cool."

She's really married to your brother.  And don't give me that "sharing" shit again!

"I can't help it! I want what I want."


Keisha's around because it's Mellie's birthday.

"What? I want in on zis!"


"Why do I not get any birthdays?"

Otho: "Wait, that little statue wasn't there before."

Beren: "Tip of the iceberg, bro.  Tip of the iceberg."


Mellie grew up to be .............. I'm not sure. I think a genius because I think B had wished for her to become one.  The screenshot is missing.  I am not pleased with my computer right now.

"What is everyone all pissy about?"


I'm not positive but I think it has something to do with Otho.

"EVIL!  He's pure evil!!"

Oh please, did you ever meet his father? The running idiot is Cyrus, by the way, Kathy's grandson. The half naked chick is Lakesha's younger sister, Danelle.


"It's my Evil Glow.  Since I'm the Emperor, I glow red around sims that are big ol' goody two shoes."

"Whatever you say, Uncle Otho."


"Oh crap!  Sammy needs to go to bed!"

Great.  Lakesha is at work, and Otho is taking Nadia to the hospital.  BEREN!!


"Good night, Sammy!"

"Dood nigh awks!!"

"Yes, we'll read 'Good Night Orcs' again tomorrow."


Meanwhile, at the hospital, little Gaffer Valinor is born. Gaffer is a grumpy genius, named after the father of Samwise Gamgee, and Bilbo's original gardener.


"Hey!  Hello?  it's my birthday! Anyone?"

Sorry kid, everyone's got birthday fatigue by the 5th generation.


Keisha: "Hi Beren!" Oh shit, he's not turning around.  Did he hear me? Is he mad because I'm always too busy to talk on the phone?

Nadia: "Look at her. Told ya'."

Otho: "No way.  I still don't believe it, Nadia."

Nadia: "Sucker."


Like his sister before him, Dior became a genius to fulfill his father's wish.


Otho: "So, B, talked much to Keisha lately? How are things with her and Thinny?"

"I haven't talked to her as much as I'd like. She works a lot.  She and Thinny are doing fine, as far as I can tell."

"So, you don't think she's seeing anyone else?"

"No!  Do you think that?"


"Nadia, quit kicking me under the table. No B, I don't think that."

"Good. That would really complicate things."

Next day.


"Hi Keisha, it's Beren.................Good, how are you?..................That's great! Listen, we need to talk. Can you meet me at the waterfall fishing hole in 15 minutes or so?.............Awesome!  See you soon!"


"I'm sure she'll be here any minute."


Or not.

A few hours later he tried again, this time meeting at Varg's Tavern.


"You look very beautiful in the sunset, Keisha!"

"Why thank you, Beren!  You're very sweet!"


Really game? You don't fucking say!

"I'm not married anymore."

"Yes, I did hear that. I'm very sorry it didn't work out with you and Lakesha."

"Yeah, me too. How are you and Thinny?"

"We're okay.  He's not taking retirement very well. I think he's bored at home with nothing to do. He spends all his time in the hot tub, or working out."


"Does he pay much attention to you anymore?"

"Not as much as I'd like, sadly."

"You deserve someone who appreciates you, who takes you seriously."

"LOL! Oh Beren, I'm an old lady. It's way too late for me to start over."

"Maybe you don't have to start over."



Is that what we're calling it?


"I cannot believe I kissed Thinny's baby brother!  What on earth is wrong with me? What if he finds out?"

And, so far, that was that.  Beren didn't roll anymore wishes regarding Keisha. Maybe he just had an itch to scratch.


Meanwhile, back at the house.


"I DON'T CARE HOW TIRED I AM! WE'RE DOING THIS, YOU BIG PANSY! COME ON! HARDER!!  FASTER!! HOW DID YOU GET TO BE ALMOST 300 YEARS OLD AND BE SUCH A WUSS?"

"Well, I am dead."

"NO EXCUSES!!"


Gaffer became a toddler. Damn, Otho!  You and Nadia make some really cute babies!


I guess since the Bonehilda thing didn't work out. The place is getting to be a disaster with 8 sims living in it.


And who knows, maybe we'll find Lakesha a new husband.


Meet Devon Goodwin, our new butler.

"I say, are you certain they can afford me here?"

He'll be living in the trailer butler's apartment.


Who doesn't love Sam?


Okay Dev, Sam needs to be topping off his xylophone skill, not watching tv in the yard, at night.

"Nonsense, we need to find out what that scallywag Thomas is up to."

Still fucking everything up for the Crawleys, I have no doubt.


"Um, not to be rude, but who are you, and why are you in our yard, holding my baby, at ten o'clock at night?"


"You must be Master Otho. I'm Devon Goodwin, sir. Your new butler. Master Valinor hired me this morning."


"Master Vali....OH, you mean Beren?  He hired a butler? I mean, I get it, the place is getting a little messy with all of us living here.  But, what's wrong with the maid service?"

"I don't know, sir. If you'll excuse me, I'll be retiring to my quarters."

"Quarters?"

"The servant's apartment out back."

"The serv....OH, Thinny's old trailer.  I thought Lakesha was sleeping out there?"

She was, but she's been back in Beren's bed for several days now.

"Oh. I gotta talk to Nadia. I don't know a damn thing that's going on around here."


"Why won't he turn around?"

He probably knows you're stalking him.

In an effort to half-ass this lifetime wish, I have Dior stalk watch horses around town, to start making friends.


"There you go, buddy. I'm not so bad, see?"


"BE GONE FROM US, HUMAN!!  We will never be friends!"

*sigh*  Well, there's always Mellie.


You. Bitch.



Sammy had his child birthday. He's now a slob. That should serve him well in this household.


Alright Dev, I can understand not cleaning up the puddle, you are very hungry. However, have you noticed that your little kitchenette has no stove?


"No stove!? Preposterous!!  It's a proper kitchen. Of course there's a stove!"

They never listen.


"I do beg your pardon, young master, but I am trying to get in this door."

"Why in the world are you carrying a pot of uncooked mac and cheese around?"

"Apparently the servant's quarters are, in fact, NOT fully equipped."

"The what? You mean the trailer?"

"*sigh* Excuse me, sir."


"You're in high school! How can you not know what an integer is?"

"I don't know. Maybe that's what they covered in class today."


Cause apparently they don't have food in school.

"It's not that they don't have any, it's that I'm not eating any of that nasty swill."


"It's an elementary school concept, you buttmunch!  You should have learned it already."

"Look, do you want my help or not?"

"The options you provide assume that you're any help at all to begin with."

"I'm going to go play FIFA."


Meanwhile, Devon puts away a book for the last time.


LOL!  Whatever, Princess.  I did some googling, apparently if members of your household don't become friends with your butler, he'll quit.  Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, you big frickin' baby.


"Hmph.  Horrible people, making me live in a trailer. A TRAILER!!  With no stove!"


It's a hard knock life.

So went Devon Goodwin, my first foray into Sim butlerhood.  Totally not worth the special snowflake angst.


Next day, Mellie has her birthday.

"Ha HA!  I know all about the pink guy!  He's crazy!!"

Shut up kid, I didn't even invite you. Also, nice underwear, Sam.

"Thank you!"


"Soooo, I'm the heir-to-be?"

Yup.  I've decided to go with Mel because I'll be able to choose more of her traits, and have more time to work on her LTW.  I was able to pick her trait this time around, so she's an equestrian.  *Sigh*

That's it for now.  This is really as far as I've played, so I've got no idea what's coming up next.

Points

Heirs:
LTW Heir:
Spare/Spouse:+10 (Otho)
Children:
Every $100,000:
100,000 Happiness Points (heir):
Skipped/Failed Opportunities:
Fulfilled Opportunities: +1
Deleted Locked In Wishes: -5
Accidental Deaths:
Social Worker Visits:

Previous Total: +185

New Total: +191

No comments:

Post a Comment