"What the hell? There are gnomes everywhere! They are blocking the damn hot tub!!"
Oh for pete's sake, no they are not. They are behind you, not in your way at all.
"I still hate them."
And we've got somebody new.
Meet Brandywine, our first horse gnome!
Let's see, what happened last chapter? The house emptied out of elves and sims, and filled back up with dogs and horses. Melian took over as heir. And we may have had an orc show up. You may or may not ever see him again. I plopped him in town simply to see what would happen and, so far, it's a whole lot of nothing.
Mel got a boyfriend, her childhood buddy Jacques. He's very cool looking and I can't wait to see their babies.
Maybe the next heir.
The animals keep busy doing what they do.
Like sleeping on the floor next to the expensive bed.
"Zzzzzzzz too new, not trashy enough yet zzzzzzzzzzzZ"
"You don't have fleas, do you?"
"Happily, no."
Mel spends part of every day working on her riding skill. She needs to be at least a level 8 to adopt a unicorn.
Pippin and Beren get in some bonding time..
"Okay Pipps, we've been standing here for several minutes. Are you going to actually walk?"
"*sniff sniff* I smell something."
"I did good?"
Yes, yes you did. And if anyone comments on the holes, blame it on your great-great grandfather.
"Awesome!"
This formerly bald child is Deborah. If you look at her reflection, you can tell she has the pointy ears.
Turns out she's Luthien's great-great granddaughter, and she has some fairy blood. Yes, the family trees are going to have to be multi-pic in another generation or so.
Beren decides to take after his great-grandmother, Georgina. You going to go to bed anytime soon?
"I got it under control."
*sigh*
Lucky you, Mellie, cause otherwise I would have made you do this.
That afternoon at the party, Otho and Nadia are still going strong.
"I love your silver hair, babe! So sexy!"
"I love your evil glow! Delicious!!"
"God DAMN you two are embarrassing!!"
"Aren't you an adult yet?"
"Beren! This kid is really annoying me!"
"Okay, okay, hold on."
"Um, that's my boyfriend y'all are talking about!"
"How's this?"
"So much better!"
"Uh, Mr. Valinor? Sir? I can't see!"
"Don't worry about it honey! I appreciate you cheering anyway!"
"Anything for you, my Pink Beauty!"
Here's grown up Melian! She's now lucky, a good roll for her as her LTW is going to need all the luck we can get.
"MOM!!! WHY ARE YOU SKINNY DIPPING WITH UNCLE BEREN?? This is NOT okay!!"
"Sweetheart, I love you, but you really need to chill. I've known your uncle since we were children. There's nothing wrong with a little nudity."
"Does anyone in my family have ANY morals at ALL?? Am I the only one with a sense of decency??"
Yeah, you kind of are.
"AAAARRRRGGGHH!!!"
Whoa! And he's only a level 5 (or so) hunter! You rock, Pippin!! (heheh, see what I did there?)
Mellie adopted a kitten. This is Merry. He's shy and friendly, and very cute.
"Dere's a big doggie out back."
That's a horse.
"Biiiig doggie."
Cute, not smart.
"Okay, how did I age up so fast?"
You really didn't age up quickly, you only had a day or so left on your kitten bar when you arrived, and not a lot else happened in that time.
"Mmhmmm."
I check the map view several times a night, hoping to see that telltale, rainbowy glow. No dice so far.
"Um, this isn't right. In fact, I'm not quite sure how this happened."
Bill: *pretends to not know the super embarrassing sim on his back*
Keep trying, Mel.
"You shall not pass."
No one wants that scratching post.
"Merry told me to guard it."
It's worthless.
"YOU! SHALL! NOT! PASS!"
"DOIAHFAHASSYOU'REUNBELIEVABLYSTUPIDADFHOOOHFS!!!"
"Wha??"
"OH MY GOODNESS! Delayed reaction!"
"Oh yeah, I still got it."
Nice to see you, Georgie.
"It is NOT nice! Why would you say that?"
If we ever get a unicorn moved into this house, I will consider it.
I initially read this as "Karl" and wondered why Dior would name his daughter Karl. I think I may need to start actually wearing those reading glasses.
"Interesting choice for a date. I might like this lady."
I then left B to his own devices for a bit and when I came back, Adria was nowhere in sight and B was chatting up Dior's girlfriend, Leigh.
"You and Dior check your doors and windows every night, right? RIGHT??"
"Holy crap, who are you?"
"And the stove!! Always make sure the stove is turned off! Then if orcs break in, they can't set your house on fire!!"
Shocking.
"Hey man, back off!! I know Sim Fu! I'll knock your teeth right out!"
"That's the spirit! Only you should be saying it to the orcs, not me."
Back at home, Mel's riding has come a long way.
"YEAH! This is awesome!!"
Bill's lifebar is running out. I'm nervous that he won't make it to help Mel get her LTW.
It's been 4 or 5 nights since Mel aged up and this fucker finally decides to show. Way up behind the stadium, naturally. Come on Mel, haul ass.
"I just love the sides of hills, so steep and green!"
His name is Charlie, Charlie Horse.
Of course I forgot about the teleportation pad they bought with Yavanna's happiness points, so it took Mel almost 3 sim hours to get up behind the stadium. UGH.
On her way over there I made an executive decision to delete this wish in favor of the one waiting to be locked in, to be friends with Charlie Horse.
"Charlie, I want to go to bed!!"
"Then go to bed! I've got a strange human to investigate."
*sniff sniff* "Smells like cotton candy."
I don't know if Charlie eats gold or what, but this rainbow appeared whenever he grazed.
"I iz a veruh speshul shnowflake."
Mel watched Charlie until the wee hours of the morning.
Um, Mel? I said "watched".
"I AM."
Your back is to him.
"I don't understand why that's an issue."
At 5am on the dot, Charlie poofed in a purple haze. Mel went home, ready to stalk another day.
Guess who aged up? Get your ass over here, Jacques, you're moving in.
I'd have more pics of the move-in, except this bullshit happened.
You bitch. Fucker died at 58 days, one day after his lifebar filled.
"Oh Bill! As much as I love harvesting Sim souls, horse souls break my cold, blackened heart."
"Uhhhh, this is awkward man."
Really Grim, you're embarrassing yourself.
"Hidey Ho, Bill!! AWAY!!"
"Okay, this part is pretty cool!"
And so went Bill, Mellie's first horse, who, while he couldn't be bothered to stick around to help her snag a unicorn, did get her up to a level 7 riding skill. Just one more bar to go.
"Welcome home, honey! Now, about that hat....."
I didn't change his clothes much.
Here's the new boy's stats. He wants to be a surgeon. I think we may be able to manage that.
"Hi! My horse just died and I'm afraid that a horseless household would be a real bitch for me right now, so I need a new one..................... Yes, already trained would be great ................ oh that one sounds PERFECT! Thank you!"
"Hi Hasufel! It's nice to meet you."
Here's Hasufel's stats. He is named after Aragorn's horse that he gets from Rohan.
I like his traits, and he's still young. Well done, Hasufel.
"So there's another one, I heard it arrive."
"Great. Just stay out of it's way until we know whether or not it's friendly, and careful."
Hello!! Samwise became an adult. A pretty, pretty adult.
I brought him into CAS to save him, here's his stats. He got a job at the warehouse with Otho. It's almost the family business at this point. Poor Gaffer.
Okay, I know you can't save when there's a birth happening in your active family, but I had no idea that extended to the entire town. So who kept me from saving?
Congrats, Dior.
These popped up after they woohooed for the first time. The bar, it is low.
"Zzzzzzzzz he's a freak zzzzzzzZ"
It's a whole family of freaks.
"Damn, that was up my butt?"
Awesome, we're keeping it.
Finally, man! It's been days. Mel still isn't BFFs with Hasufel, nor is her riding skill at level 8, but she still needs to make friends with Charlie.
"Don't trust her, Charlie!! It's a trap!!"
Shut up, fleabag.
A couple of apples.....
and a lot of head scratches later....
we're another step closer to this absurd LTW.
Okay....
"Cool!! I'm sparkly!"
It gave her a nice little moodlet.
Pippin became an elder. No dying until there's a unicorn in this household, Pippin! I FORBID IT!!
Jacques spends most of his time skilling. He had no logic skill when he moved in.
"Okay, what do I do? The black pieces are mine, right?"
"I'd move the rook if I were you."
"Will you bugger off! I'm not taking chess advice from a horse."
"You're stupid."
"Oh my god! The sky!! It's ................ RED!!"
"Pffft. Drama queen."
Morning, Georgie.
"A ghost!!!"
Okay, yes, it's a ghost. Don't overreact.
Dammit, Merry!!
Otho came by for a visit.
"I see some things never change."
"Wow, Uncle Otho, nice outfit!"
"Thank you! Nadia picked it out for me."
"I'm so sorry to hear about Bill, Mel. It must be hard to lose your first pet."
"Thank you. It is hard. I still really miss him, but Hasufel is a nice horse, too."
"Hi Otho! How are you doing?"
"Pretty good. I decided not to retire so work is still keeping me busy. Sam got a job at the warehouse so maybe he'll follow in his old man's footsteps."
"Lakesha got married again, did you hear?"
"Yeah, I heard. How are you doing?"
"Okay. Sometimes I wonder if I made a big mistake, divorcing her."
"Oh B. I think it's best to not dwell on that if you can."
"*sigh* Well. How's Gaffer?"
"*sigh* Yeah, he graduated with honors and decided to become a police officer."
"Hey! That's great! Isn't it?"
"Oh, yeah, sure, it's great. Yeah."
Oh HELL NO son! We're fixing that right quick.
I fully admit that I may have stared a little too long. I regret nothing.
"He also moved out as soon as he could."
"We're still not getting along too well."
Otho went outside to play some Gnubb.
Alright Merry, now it's just ridiculous.
I reset him and he seems to have gotten his overreactions under control.
"I do not trust this 'gnubb'. I've heard Sims have DIED using it!"
For real?
"What? I love horses!!"
Next morning I sent Beren to the park to get him out of the house. I figured he'd do a little fishing, a little socializing, maybe find someone he's interested in......
"Mmmmm, nah. While all that sounds interesting, I think I'll just kick the bucket instead."
"Whoooaa!! I'm floating!"
"This is kind of cool!"
"Hold on, are you wearing a skirt?"
"Uh, it's a kilt. And even if it were a skirt, so what?"
"It's nice of you to come to my death, Gaffie!"
"Tell your dad that I love him, and try to get along, okay?"
"Okay, Uncle Beren, I will, I promise!"
Good bye, Beren, the longest running heir of the legacy so far. I'm sure we'll see you around the yard.
I'm still going to miss you, you crazy bastard. At least I get to see you in my other games.
Points
Heirs:
LTW Heir:
Spare/Spouse:
Children:
Every $100,000:
100,000 Happiness Points (heir):
Skipped/Failed Opportunities: -3
Fulfilled Opportunities: +1
Deleted Locked In Wishes: -5
Accidental Deaths:
Social Worker Visits:
Previous Total: +210
New Total: +203
























































































































No comments:
Post a Comment