Wednesday, January 28, 2015

So Much Unfairness


"Wait a minute, why the hell is there a porn blocker on the laptop?  Now what am I supposed to do?"

Widget: "Bummer, man. Maybe you can haunt the neighbor's house?"

I wish.

Last time on the BCWYWF legacy, Finny achieved his LTW, accumulated some awards, Fin haunted, and the kids ..... did kid stuff.


"So one of us is going to be heir, Olo.  I think it's gonna be me!"

"Pfft, you may have the elvin skin but I've got the sparkling personality!"

"LOL!  No you don't.  Stealing stuff from school does not equal sparkling."

"Well, I've got my LTW all picked out, ready to go as soon as I'm a teen!"

"Oh yeah?  ME TOO!!"


Yes, yes, we're all very proud.

Remember when I said that someone else was bound to roll the Creature-Robot-Crossbreeder LTW?



Of course.  Guess you're getting the block table, kids.


"I am so excited to learn how to garden!  I can't believe I have to wait until I'm a teen.  Like I'm too stupid to dump some water on dirt now."

"Whoa, this block is bluer than my skill bar!"


"I'm gonna learn to grow money trees!  I'm gonna be RICH!!"

"Look what I made, sis!  It's a city skyline tower after demolition!"


"And I've made my future mansion!  SQUEEEEE!  It's just beautiful!!"

Her lips look really weird.  I hope she outgrows it.


Yay!!


"Ew, Finny's dad, why are you still here?  It's like ten'o clock in the morning!"

"Hold on, just one more firewall......."


"Man, I don't know what I was thinking with this pet leash sculpture.  It doesn't even go with anything in our house."


"Back you go, I'm sure the school will be happy to see you."

Olo always wishes to return the stuff he steals.  A klepto with a guilty conscience.


Oh for god's sake, Leon.




"Those horses are SO pretty!"

*wishes to watch wild horses*

Oh hell no!  *deletes* You are not watching any damn horses.


"Well they are more impressive than this here fish.  Is this even real?  It's so small!"


"Better than what I got, sis.  A whole lotta nothing."

Fishing is SO riveting.




"Why is that freaky green guy here interrupting my nice swim?"

"Come on, work damn you!!  The spirit locator thing says there's ghosts in this here park!!"

Just ignore him.


"Um, Ahab, should we call the bomb squad?"

"Nah, that thing's been around longer than me and it hasn't gone off yet."


"Hey Leon, when a customer comes in regularly and always orders the same drink, do you keep their drink of choice in stock?"

"Of course!  You want to keep your customers happy!  Especially those regulars."

"That's called 'logic', Leon.  You use it all the damn time.  Accept it and move on."

"You know what, Finny?  You're right!"


Leon was an easy sell.


Old Shanda was at the park.  I had no idea she was in the military.

"The uniforms have FOUR colors instead of just two!!"

Isn't that nice?  Speaking of nice.......




I finally got around to displaying the various crap from Finny's inventory.  From top to bottom, their "engagement" selfie right before they got married at City Hall, when Georgia was pregnant with Cirdan, his key to the city, and one of the medals they gave him for ghostbusting.


And here's where it all began.


"Wait, do we own that there bench, too?"

You don't own shit, Luthien.  You are no longer a part of the household.

"You'll be hearing from my lawyer."


And we own what is now the Bookstore of the Vanyar.  I imagine you can go there and purchase your very own copy of "the big, red book."


"Dad is NOT a politician, Olo.  He goes to City Hall to get awards!  Can't you read?"

"That's what they want you think, sis.  That's what they want you to think."




"That's why you're my favorite, Yavanna!"

You're not supposed to have favorites, Finny.  Only I can have favorites.

"Nonsense.  I don't see that written anywhere."

Epic parenting at work.


Speaking of ghosthunting, Finny ended up back at the house of the mysterious ghost, and I finally realized where he came from.  I have played Sunset Valley at least a dozen times over the years and only now have I noticed that this house has a gravestone right in the side yard.  I haz the observant.




Also?  This is what happens when I focus on Finny for too long and leave everyone to their own devices.  We're delving into ISBI territory.  I think Cirdan is playing Gnubb. He has the bladder reward, which I'm sure is the only reason he's not about to pee himself.


We've got a crap ton of them.  Might as well.


Birthday time, bitches!!

Alty: "Oh my god, TWO cakes!!"

Two kids, two cakes.  That's how it works.  Finny, get your ass out of the hot tub, your kids are aging up and I'm picking an heir!!

"Alright, gimmie a minute."


"I wish to be heir!!"

"Hell no, sis......."


".......it's gonna be ME!!"

Cirdan: "We don't give a shit!!  Blow the damn candles out so I can stop it with this frickin' horn!"


Some of the cousins have aged up.  Cortney is Alty's, and Patricia and Melodie are Luthien's.  Oh, and Bert.  But he looks the same and you all know him.

"I don't know why I even come to these parties.  Cake scares me. I know I'm going to get stuck again."




Olo aged up first.  I swear he did not get "hipster angst  brooder" for a trait.

"I hate my haircut."

It's your dad's.  I'll fix it in a minute.


"Looks like I'm the one with the sparkling personality!!"

Just finish growing please.


"Okay, okay.  Hold your horses."


"Who's the asshole?"

Ignore him.  I swear one of these days I'm gonna light him on fire.

So here's the twins after their trip into stylist.



I gave them both the "Loves The Outdoors" trait as I didn't really pick a favorite until I styled them.


"Hey chica, sorry for barging in but there's a line at the other sink.  Your tv's broken, bee-tee-dubs."

"We need to put a fucking lock on that door."


"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU??  *smack*  You don't come into a bathroom without knocking!! Were you raised in a goddamn BARN??"


"What am I SUPPOSED to do?  Leave dirty dishes laying around?  Hell no, I ain't that kinda sim!"


"Fine, you ingrate!  As the evil heir to this legacy, I'll be keeping an eye on you."

I'm sure he's shaking in his shoes.

Yes, I went with Yavanna.  The two of them aren't that different, they have the same lifetime wish, and I've decided that I want to keep the skin and eyes in the family for now.


"BUSINESS?  You were a DOCTOR and you quit to join the BUSINESS career?  Any fucking halfwit can be a CEO!  No wonder Dad got heirship, you're a lazy ass, slacker with no ambition!"

"WTF?  All I did was ask if you knew what you wanted to do after you graduate!"

And she has a certain, special charm.


Here's Finny's happiness points, for the score.

Speaking of whom, where the hell is he?  I sent him to the Science Building to turn in those spirits.


Let's check right quick.


"Nice horsie!  You're so handsome!  Would you like a carrot?"

"I would love a carrot!  You're my new friend!  Would you like to pet me?"


Sure.  Now, COMPLETELY ON AUTONOMY, he makes friends with a damn wild horse.  Fuck you, game!!




"Hee-hee, Melodie left her clothes on the ground!"


"Come on, clothes, let's get out of here!"

That's a mean joke to play on your cousin.

"No, it's FUNNY!!  Almost as funny as skinny dipping in front of your whole family."

I suppose that is true.


"This is such a fun party!  I have the prettiest feet!"

"Ha ha ha ha ha!  This is the BEST party!!  Melodie's gonna be so mad!"

**at least a sim hour later*


"Man, that was so relaxing, I wish we had one of ......... where are my clothes?"

Gone forever, chica.  Or at least until you go home.


"Eh, this towel works just fine."

Where did you get a towel from?

It's just as well that Olo went inside.  His joke didn't go off quite as planned.


Now that we have a new heir, I am not interested in putting all that focus on Finny every night, so I had him quit. And he'll be an elder in a few more days.


But I don't want him sitting around getting the "stir crazy" moodlet either.  I think the Mausoleum job is fitting.


"I don't understand why you got a car and I didn't even get a bike or nothin'."

"I'm the heir and I'm better than you."

"I hate you."


Check this gaudy thing out.

"It's beautiful!!"

Yavanna's new car.  She named it "Shadowfax".  Cause I love horses sooooooooo much.


"Do I look like a fucking badass in this thing or what?  LOOK OUT ASSHOLE!"

She's got this driving thing down.


"Didn't I do this already?"

Yes, but they wanted to honor you again.

"But I quit."

They planned this before you quit, however it may explain the smaller turnout.


"You're not the mayor from before."

"Who were you expecting?"

"The lady with the witch hat."

"Dude, that was 2 elections ago.  Don't you ever vote?"

"What?"


"Just smile for the cameras, sir."

"This is such a farce, that green guy isn't even a ghosthunter anymore."

Okay one; JADE, and two; Shut up Demetrius.  You're wearing that outfit and have probably never had an adventure in your life.

"I don't know, there was that one time, at band camp......."




"*sigh* At least I don't have to go through this bullshit again."

"I'd say the same thing except I have to go back into this building and deal with more bullshit in one day than you will ever see in your lifetime."

"ErMahGerd!!  Pretty paper!!"

Old dude needs his family to come pick him up before he wanders into the street.


"Well that was easy.  Stick seeds in ground, water once in awhile.  I'm ready to go."

Great, now go catch some fish out back.


"Why do I feel like this was a bad idea?"

"This is MY fishing spot!  You go away!!"

I don't care what you do, I'm hoping those horse wishes poof before a slot opens up.  And yes, I will attempt to put off wish fulfillment if there is an undesirable wish waiting to be locked in.


Awesome!


"I did not expect these to be so big. It's the size of a pear!"

I made Yavanna a little garden area out by the back of the house.


She planted all the seeds she got when she got her first skill point.


*sigh* Leave you alone for 2 minutes.  Find something expensive while you are in there.



Everyone wished to be a partner in three venues.  I must not have snapped a pic of the wish.  So now they own the bookstore, and are partners in the diner and supermarket.


"Wow!  Lookit that thing!  Can I plant one in the yard?"

I don't think you really want that.


"It has cake!!"

Egon: "I like cake!!"

Keep watching.


"HOLY SHIT!!  Are you sure this is the gardening network?  Did the tin man change it to the horror channel?  Nevermind, I do NOT want a cow plant."

"Doesn't bother me.  I'm way to tough to chew."


This cutie is Alty's daughter, Theresa.  I noticed in her birthday notification that she's bald, so I brought her into stylist and gave her some hair.


Much better.  She looks like her dad but with Alty's coloring.




I suppose doing your high school homework behind the bar could be considered rebellious.

"What? They don't mind, there's plenty of room.  And I can get a Coke if I'm thirsty."


"Plus I can get in the hot tub afterwards."

Rough day.


Cirdan relaxes by boogying at the local night club.  Alone.

"Do he got booty?  Yes he doooooooooo!!"


Meanwhile, Georgie's attempts at recreation aren't going so well.


"Come on, Finny!  Time machine's a-waitin'!!"

"Zzzzzzzz don't .............. have ........ enough ........ cash ......... for ....... hooker zzzzzzzzzZ"

"I sense a fight in our future."


"Does this grocery store sell GMO food?"

You're applying for a job, what difference does it make?

"I figure that if I'm going to crossbreed animals and robots, I ought to know about this stuff."


"Well that's done.  Hang on a quick second, I've got a call to make."


"Hi, this is Yavanna Valinor?  I'm your new employee?  No, I haven't started yet, I just got the job. Anyway, I just realized that between gardening, school, and my other wish fulfillment, I don't have time for a job.  I don't know what I was thinking...................what? ............ Well fuck you too, asshole!!"


Yavanna went home ........ in a cab?  Why are you taking a cab?  The pickup is in your inventory.

"I don't know.  Something is wrong with it."

BTW, that opportunity poofed within a couple of days.  She got about halfway through the book, went to school, and the opportunity was gone when she came back.

"I finished the book at school."

No, I doubt that's it.  Speaking of school.


Yep, school door still clogged.

"Muahahahahaha!!!  No one goes to school today and no one learns anything!  It's brilliant!"


"Oh shit, where did all these people come from??"

I want to know who the girl with the funky hair is.

"I should ditch and go to the diner.  I'll starve to death before I get in this building."

Nobody asked you, orange vest girl.




She's Luthien's youngest child, Stacie.  She's the baby Finny played with the last time he went to visit.


I thought you wanted to SWIM in the ocean.

"I will.  I'm just getting my footing.  This is not like swimming in the pool, there's fish and crap in here."

Literally.

"What?"

Nothing.



She finally took her feet off the bottom.


Yavanna kept taking cabs.  Somehow both kids ended up with the truck in their inventories, but only Olo can drive it.

"What?  I am borrowing it."

Sure, you're "borrowing" it.


Like you "borrowed" this sawhorse?  It's not even a new one!

"It's like Everest, man.  Because it's THERE."


*sigh* And again, you do something once .....................



And we are out of the cheaper venues, I hope this is it for the wishes.


Cause this is how much cash they have left. The worst part of it is that this game file will eventually go belly up and I'll have to move.  They don't take the partnerships with them, so they will be out all of that money unless we can hang in there for 2-3 weeks to collect at least some of it back.


Oh for crying out loud, Finny!  You're making mac and cheese on the stove top, how did you set the oven on fire!!

"I was gonna bake it after, that's what the recipe said."


"Well this sucks."

Yeah, yeah, just put it out!!


"Quick, honey, hand me a fire extinguisher!"

"Man I'm hungry, I wonder if we have pie."

Heh-heh ....... pie.


"First I have to wash this dish, since apparently I have to do EVERYTHING around here!"

"Forget the dish, we've got a bit of a crisis going on here, Georgina!!"


"Oh for heaven's sake, Finny, it'll only take a minute to clean."

"Am I the only one who understands what the hell is going on here??"


No, I'm pretty sure the kids have noticed.

"OMG, we're gonna die!!"


"You know what, I'm really tired.  Maybe I'll go to bed, and eat later."

"OR MAYBE WE'LL ALL BURN TO DEATH, SEEING AS THIS FIRE EXTINGUISHER DOESN'T WORK AND THE FIRE DEPARTMENT CAN'T BE BOTHERED!!"


"SAVE US, DAD!! SAVE US!!"

"I WILL IF YOU'LL BOTH GET THE HELL OUT OF MY WAY!!"

"I'll be in the bed if anyone needs me."

"I LOVE YOU, SWEETIE, BUT ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME??"


"Ha!!  Do I rock his firefighting stuff or what?  You're all very welcome."

"Why are you guys up?  I thought you went to your rooms to sleep."

"Ah yessssssss, fire and chaos, my favorites."

"Is that why you were practically shitting yourself, SIS?"

"Can it, brother dear, before I strangle you with your man purse strap."


"Oh Finny, the way you just took charge and put out that fire I'm to understand we just had, I've never wanted you more!"

Fire department's here, guys!


"Sorry if I'm late, someone was playing the piano outside the stati............ Hey!  Smoochy face guy!!  There's no fire here!"


"AAAAARGH!!  WHY DO PEOPLE WASTE MY PRECIOUS TIME LIKE THIS??  AND WHEN AM I EVER GOING TO GET A SMOKIN' HOT GREEN BOYFRIEND?!"

Jade!  Dammit.


Good.  I thought for sure we were going to get the $500 fine.


"I have to make sushi now?  But I want mac and cheese."

No more stove for you tonight. You're banned.

"Hey Finny, don't we have another kid?"

"Ummmm, Cirdan, Yavanna, ................................... hold on, begins with an O .................. Olorin!!  Ha!  Got it!!"

"That's great, hon.  Where is he?"

"He's not here?"

"I wouldn't be askin' if he was, would I?"


"Oh man, I am in so much trouble!  I went to drive the truck home but it was GONE!  Now I'm screwed."

One, you could have taken a cab.  And two, the truck is properly back in your sister's inventory where it belongs.

"Everybody hates me."

"Look kid, can you please wait until you're home to go all emo?  I don't get paid enough for this shit."


"So, broke curfew did ya?"

"Um, yeah, looks like.  Sorry, Mom, am I in trouble?"


"Nah, I had all kinds of fun at your age.  Plus you didn't get any wheels, so I can cut you some slack in the curfew department.  Just don't tell your dad."


"Thanks, Mom!  You're the best!"

"Yeah I am, now go shower, you freakin' reek!"

Next morning dawned bright, and loud.


"We'll see if YOU ever catch fire again."

Hitting it with a hammer for hours, that'll do it.


"La-dee-dah, I know it's late and I should be back in my grave, but I'm really jonesing for some pancakes."

I think you're headed for a disappointing morning, Fin.


"Move it, Finny, I want to fry my pancakes."

"Not now, Dad, ** BANG BANG **I'm making the stove fireproof. **BANG BANG**  Eat something else.  **BANG BANG** There's sushi in the fridge."


"Sushi??  I once held a protest to SAVE the fish and you want me to eat sushi??  HA!!  I'll dirty your counter AND haunt your table!!"


"**BANG BANG** Whatever floats your boat, Dad.  **BANG BANG** Or your table."


"I FART IN YOUR GENERAL DYERECTION!!"

"Real mature, Dad.  Here, I'll make your damn pancakes."

Fin:



Uh, Cirdan?

"Hold on, hold on, I almost got it!!"

You're not finishing that game.


"I'm not worried about it.  Mom let Olo off the hook, so I should be fine."

"Did anyone tell your Dad that, kid?"

"What?"


"I can't wait to be a scientist!"

Finny: strides over purposefully


"What the heck is wrong with you, Cirdan?"

"Wait, WHAT?"


"Staying out after curfew?  You have a cell phone, you know what time it is, you know you're supposed to call if you're going to be late!  You're grounded!!"


"What the hell, man?  Olorin didn't get in any trouble for staying out after curfew!  Why are you yelling all up on me?"


"I don't know anything about that.  You're grounded through the weekend."

"This is such bullshit."

Poor Cirdan.


He didn't even get his wish.  I deleted it.


Awwwwww.





"What the hell?  This IS the ritzy part of Sunset, yes?  What's up with the crackhouse?"

I know what it looks like, but it really isn't a crackhouse.

"They do have a hot tub.  Maybe there is something worth stea........"


"HOLY SHIT!!  DID YOU SEE THAT?  That little metal statue just MOVED all by ITSELF!!"

Least of your problems right now, sweetie.


"WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT????"

Burglar alarm. You may want to run.


They never run.

"What the crap is going on here?"

"I have no idea.  Is anyone gonna turn that damned alarm off?  Woke me right the fuck up."


"Where'd she go?  I almost got her!!!"

I really doubt that.


"Suck on this, bitch!!  Bye all!  I'll be in the pink house where REAL rich people live, if anyone misses me."

"WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TURN OFF THIS FRICKIN' ALARM!"

"Gimmie another chance, guys!!  I know I can beat her!"

Just go home, you useless NPC.


Eh, sure.  Let's see what happens.  You can go this weekend.

That afternoon, when everyone is well rested and in a great mood from the night before.


"Hmmmm, I wish to get a girlfriend, since the simgod didn't see fit to do that for me."

Feanor:  "Pffft, it's not all it's cracked up to be."

"Careful, big brother, growing up can cause ........ 'fallout'."

"What are you going on about, sis?"

"**snicker**  Oh, you'll see."


Georgie: "That was BRILLIANT, Yavanna!!  I love it!!"

"Glad you like it, Mom.  I find it oddly unfulfilling.  I need to aim higher."

"HA-ha!  NOW I'll cheer!"


I gave Cirdan a new look before tossing him out.  He rolled "flirty" for his trait.  He got the science job he wanted, then he hit the road to independence and story progression.



Where he promptly starts raiding the nursing home for dates.

"What?  I like my ladies experienced."

And rich.

"THAT'S just a coincidence."

Hmhmmm.


"Hey Mom, my school wants me to take a trip to France.  I'm supposed to interview a local person in Champs Les Sims and my grade will improve.  Is it alright if I go?"

"Do *I* have to go?"

"No, Dad said he'll take me."


"Sounds GREAT, sweetie!  Go for it!!"

Such an awesome parent.

Next chapter, former and current heirs go on a father-daughter bonding trip to Champs Les Sims, where Finny morphs into a massive douche.  Also,Yavanna finds someone tolerable enough to consider for a future baby daddy  spouse.  Oh, and it turns out that we're still not done adding to Generation Three.

Points

Heirs: +1  (Yavanna)
LTW Heir:
Spare/Spouse:
Children:
Every $100,000:
100,000 Happiness Points (heir): +5
Skipped/Failed Opportunities:
Fulfilled Opportunities: +2
Deleted Locked In Wishes:
Accidental Deaths:
Social Worker Visits:

Previous Total: +57

New Total: +91

No comments:

Post a Comment