Saturday, January 17, 2015

Finny's A Celebrity, Sort Of.


"Hee-hee!!  Look!  I walk on water!"

"Dammit Mortimer!  Out of the pool!  I've finally come for your soul and I won't tolerate your namby-pamby, special snowflake bullshit!"

So long Morty.  It's always sad when a Sunset Valley celebrity keels over.

No it's not.

So last chapter Finny and Georgie had twins, Olorin and Yavanna, and Feanor and Ruthie moved out after Fea accomplished his LTW.


"Okay Olo, hang on a second while Dad makes a quick phone call."


"Um, Daddy? .................. Daddy?"


This is baby number 4 for them.  Damn, Luthien!

Cirdan went to the arcade to meet people and get out of the house.


"So they won't sell elixirs to kids!  Can you believe that?  All I want is a little something to help me tolerate having twin baby siblings in the house.  Jeez, you'd think I was plotting a zombie takeover or something.


 "Hey man, I feel ya'.  They won't let me join the Llamas until I'm an adult!  They told me to play for the Sunset Valley Rec Team.  The rec team!  I mean, really!"

It's tough to be a sim kid. I love Angelique's pink eyes.



I have a feeling that this game is borking up genetics.


Number two for Alty and Elvin.


"Can you say 'newspapers' Yavanna?"

"newpaypahs"

"Very good!  Now say 'Newspapers are outdated technology."

"No."

Finny and Georgie are sharing the task of skilling the twins.  It helps that Finny works in the evening, so he's around during the day when the toddlers are awake.


"Okay Olo, in spite of what he looks like, your Dad is actually an elf and NOT an alien from another planet."

"Not buying it, Mom."


"Can you say 'trowel', Olo?  Trowels are handy for burying dead bodies in the backyard."

"This lady is crazy!  Trowels are way too small for that."


"Now say 'spike', Olo!  Always wait until the middle of the party to spike the punch.  Too early and everyone gets too drunk/sick before the party's over.  Too late and people may leave before you can have any fun."

"Now this is important information!"



I'm going to be doing this until Finny is no longer heir.


Finny and Georgie had their adult birthdays on the same day.  I caked Finny up first while Cirdan was at school.  We're changing that hair.


Georgie got done in the evening while Finny was working.

"Flawless, yes?"




"Whatever, Mom.  You look exactly the same.  Now gimmie some cake!"


"Isn't playing dollies fun, Olo?"

"*grunt* I can't get this head off!"

"Why are you doing that to our dolly?"

"I heard they taste really good on the inside."


*grunt* "Hmmmmm, maybe if I lick it."


*lick* "No, I don't think that works.  You gotta get the head off."

Toddlers.


Well, well, look who's blessed the neighborhood with his presence.

Wild Horse: "Careful!  Don't look directly at it!"

Wild Horse 2: "I thought it was 'Don't cross the streams!"


"Hold on, I heard this was the ritzy neighborhood.  What's up with the crackhouse?"

All it needs is a rusted out car on cement blocks.  Pure klass.

"There's an actual meth lab behind that fence, isn't there?"

Hey man, you don't cook where you live.  I learned that from Jesse Pinkman.






Georgie finally goes back to work.


"Oh my god, just STEP ON IT, PLEASE!! I cannot wait to get the hell outta here."

"Did you remember that it's your turn to bring the brainstorming session snack?"

"Oh fuck."


Watcha' doin' there, Cirdan?

"Watching tv with Grampa, what does it look like?"

It looks like you are staring at the counter.

"Well I'm NOT.  I'm watching tv.  See?  It says so right in my action queue. Speaking of, Grandpa can we PLEASE change it to the comedy station?  I wanna watch 'Airplane'."

"No, and don't call me Shirley."

"I didn't."

"SHHHHHHHHH!!!"




"Look, you old fart, this is my house and my tv, and if my son wants to watch some wildly un-PC yet incredibly awesome movie made almost 35 years ago, he CAN!!"

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking."


Another girl cousin.


Gwendolyn: "Oh My God!  My HAIR!!  I look like I'm 40 years old!  Cirdan's dad, quick, you gotta help me!"

"Um, I'm kinda busy here.  And could you please get out of the way?  This is an important haunting for me."

"Do you think my hair could be haunted?"

"......................................................... No."

Why is this haunting so important?


Hell yeah, son!!





Another one down.

Next day is Cirdan's birthday.


"Why the hell does everyone always have to get naked at our parties?"

I have no idea.  I'm sure it has nothing to do with my settings in the Woohooer mod.


"I wish to see the world!"

Angelique: "Um, Cirdan's dad?  Your pants are really short!"

They are!  For some reason I'm only just noticing now that he's prepped for a flood.


"Sparkles?  That can't be good.  I'm not dying, am I?"

No.

But it looks like your hair fell out again.

"Do you have any Grey Poupon?"

And you aged up looking like fresh douche.


One quick makeover later.  He rolled "adventurous" for his trait, so he's got a cute WA outfit.


Finny ran out to complete his opportunity right after the caking.


Finally!!


Well hi, Bert! How's it going?  Nice haircut.

"Actually I hate this hair, it makes my ears stick out even more.  And I'm not so good.  I appear to be stuck.  I want to sit down and eat my cake, but I can't move."

No worries, I can fix it.


Much better.

"Wait, aren't you going to reset me?"

Nah.  That's not fun for me.


"Dammit kid, get out of my way!  Why are you blocking the fridge?"

"Man, that guitar is just hypnotic!! It's like legalized pot for sims."

"I hate parties."


So while Finny was out hunting ghosts, the game locked up.  I had saved after Cirdan's caking but a bunch of stuff got lost, including Ruth and Feanor's baby announcement.




"How do you like my potty cosplay?"

How are you even doing that?

"It's called being creative and thinking outside the box."


"Oh man, I got a BIG one up in here.  Hey Mom, can I borrow that trowel thing you were talking about?"

Gross.


"Oops, I dropped it.  Hold on, it's here somewhere."

And we have a whole new standard for gross.


For some reason, Bert, I don't believe you.  I think you'll be sticking around for the twins' birthday party.  I really thought Overwatch might reset him but it didn't.


"How did Bert get cake already?  That's not fair."

You don't want that cake, Finny, believe me.  It's got to be hard as a rock by now.


Olorin grew up to be a kleptomaniac.  This is what happens when your mother teaches you to spike the punch at parties.  You have a compulsive need to steal everything.

"I resent that.  What you call a 'compulsive need', I call a natural born talent."

You don't have to take it so personally.


Georgie: "Dammit, y'all!  Get out of my way, we've got one more birthday here.  And WHY am I caking both of these kids?  Do they not have a father?"

Luthien: "Come on, Bertie, out of the way!  You already have your cake!"

Haven't you noticed that Bert hasn't been home for over 2 days?

"What?  Come on, I've got three other kids."


Yavanna grew up to really love cars.  Blah.  One of my least favorite traits.

"Does this mean I don't get heirship?"

I love your look, so we'll see what your next birthday brings, and what you get for a LTW.


"Look, Dad.  Not that this wasn't a nice party and all, but for my teen party I'd really like a car!  It doesn't have to be expensive, I'll be happy with a fixer-upper."

"I make no promises.  If you want a car it would behoove you to get a part time job."

"But I'm only 7, I can't get a job!"

"This is the sims!  There are plenty of ways for kids to make money."


"So glad the party is over.  It's so calm and quiet, I can just relax.  Well, I guess cousin Bert is still here, but he's being quiet, so I don't mind."

"Anyone?  A little help over here."

He said "quiet", Bert.


"AHHH!  What the hell was that?"

"Don't be so chicken, Olo.  I barely even moved."

"I can't move at all."

"Nobody gives a shit, Bert."


"At least that's over with."

"Hmmm, that looked like fun!"


"BOOYOUREABIGSCARDYCAT!!!"

"AHHHH!!  Dammit, I hate my family!"

"LOL!! Well done, my daughter!  High five!"

Olo's mood did not improve as the night went on.


Dammit, Fin!  You're going to wake them up!

"Will not!  I'm just passing through. I'm going to go play gnubb."

He was gone by the time the kids woke up.


"Ugh!  Sis,  you really need to invest in pajama bottoms.  Your underwear freaks me out so much that it woke me up!"

"Shut up you 'fraidy cat.  The dollhouse probably freaks you out."

"Nuh-uh.  We never did get the heads off those dolls."


"Doo-dee-doo, see?  Just out here having some innocent fun."

Shove it, Fin.

King: Does not approve.


Wow, Finny! They're going to hold a special ceremony in your honor!

"What does the key do?"

I don't know.  I guess you'll find out.


"Well, this certainly looks like the place!  Quite a turnout!  I guess I'm more important than I thought!"

You do save folks from that horrid, looping "ghost" music that shatters one's sanity.


Bert!  I didn't even know you'd left the yard!

"No thanks to you.  I got reset when you restarted the game."

Ahhhh, good to know.


Let the ceremony commence!

"Like, ohmehgerd!!  This is SO exciting!  I actually know a ghosthunter!  EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

Shanda!  It's been years!  Still wearing that same shirt, I see.

"It's what makes me memorable."

Clearly.


"Hold on, Mayor Witch, I need to tie my shoe."

"I'm not actually a witch.  I just like the apparel."

I'm sure nobody cares.


"It is my honor, Mr. Valinor, to present you with this key.  We are so grateful for your service to our community!"

"Wait, what's this?"

"It's your ghosthunting key."

"You wrapped it?"

"One of my minions interns did.  Something about people loving to get gifts."

"Oh.  Okay.  Thanks."


"Now shake my hand and smile for the camera."

"What camera?"

"Just smile, Mr. Valinor. This will be front page news!"


"Well that was ...... weird.  I wonder if City Hall is haunted?"

Tourist: "Wait, this isn't a protest?  I was told to come to this City Hall for protests.  I want to go back to Shang Simla and tell them I participated in a real protest!"

Finny will hang his key on the wall at home, as soon as I remember that he has it in his inventory. Along with the selfie he and Georgie took ages ago, also in front of City Hall.


Okay.

"The medical job was too much trouble.  The hours kept changing, I had to do vaccination clinics, and random sims kept coming up to me wanting a free check-up.  Ugh!  I'd rather have to do nothing but kiss ass all day long."

I have to admit, business does seem more his speed.


Um Cirdan, you're supposed to be on a date.

"I know, I'm getting her a present.  Girls love presents, right?"

Sure.  Find something nice.


"I love to travel!  I know I've never left Sunset Valley, but when I grow up I want to go all over the world!"


"Wow Cirdan!  That's great!  My family's wealthy, so we've traveled quite a bit already.  Les Champs Sims is my favorite.  They have the best clothes!  I'm hoping to go back soon so they can give me a new hairdo."

Gwen "had somewhere to be" shortly after this so their date didn't amount to much.


Ruthie finished working and came out of the theater, so I took the opportunity to give her the baby that the crash took away.  Hey, I'm entitled!


Cirdan rolled his LTW a little later that day.  I don't think it's going to happen.  This one is so involved, I'd have to be considering him for heir, which I'm not.  Someone else is bound to roll it sooner or later.

Back at home,


I guess they are getting some use out of the time machine.


"Ugh!  The past is so filthy!  We need to start doing it in the future, it's GOT to be cleaner."


"LOOK OUT, HONEY!  DUCK!!"

Unfortunately Georgie did not heed her husband's warning and was impaled straight through the heart by an arrow and died on the spot.

Wait, this is the Sims.


"Soooo, goround number two?"

*YAWN* "Man I'm tired.  Guess it's time for bed!"







I make him get the palladium each time so the points cancel each other out.  Otherwise he'll just lose a point every time he turns down the palladium opportunity.

"This is such a waste of time."

Quit whining.  The palladium is marked in map view, you don't even have to search around for it.


"Hi Trooper!  Still kicking, I see."

"Fuck off, see if I help you fulfill any wishes again you green asswipe."


Finny got to meet his niece, Stacie.


"Beware the green claw!!"

Jade, dammit!!!

He, then, decided to yell at his sister for no apparent reason (I hate this aspect of the social groups, it's so random).


"God, Luthien, I can't believe you're allowed to have a horse.  You don't have any hay, water, or even a stall for Trooper!  How sims this stupid are allowed to breed is beyond me!"

"Whoa, you've known about this for years, why are you getting pissy about it now?"


"And like you're so smart.  You hunt GHOSTS for a living!  Your job is to find things that don't even exist!  You've got half a brain at best, you crazy freak!"


"Man, Luthien, I know you're mad at me but you didn't have to arrest me."

"I wish I was arresting you, you idiot.  The simgod is making us go to lunch together to work on our relationship."

"Oh.  Who's paying?"

"YOU are, dumb ass."

"Crap."


"Do I have to do this?  I'm not even hungry."

It won't kill you, just follow him in.


Add this to the "need to fish out of Finny's inventory" list.

We'll end it here.  What happens next?  No idea, this is as far as I've played.

Points

Heirs:

LTW Heir: +25
Spare/Spouse: 
Children: 
Every $100,000:
100,000 Happiness Points (heir):
Skipped/Failed Opportunities: -2
Fulfilled Opportunities: +3
Deleted Locked In Wishes:
Accidental Deaths:
Social Worker Visits:

Previous Total: +57


New Total: +83

No comments:

Post a Comment