Monday, May 23, 2016

The BirthDeathDay Special


"Oh yeah, Mr. Valinor, I LOVE music! I play guitar, I'm hoping to make it big someday. I only clean houses to pay the bills."


"That's great!! Guitar is my life! I'm so thrilled you like it too! Forget you cleaning, let's talk about guitars and other meaningless crap for hours instead!"

"Can I still charge you $125?"

"Of course!"

"Sounds good to me!"


Last chapter Mungo took over as heir, leaving Elros free to distract the hired help to his heart's content. Mungo took Elros on a trip to China, where Mun half-assed a quest and found a bride, and his father really did nothing of consequence other than cheat on his mother. Which the game completely glossed over, declaring Elros "eternally faithful".

We left off with the ghost of Santos preventing Kait from entering the hospital so she could go to work. He finally moved out of the way, floated around the sidewalk, and yelled at a few more Sims before poofing off into the sunset. The next day we were back at the hospital again.


Generation eight, y'all!!  Meet Gilraen Valinor. Our little Gil is a lazy, music-lover. She's grandpa's little girl already. She's named after the mother of Aragorn.  And I am seriously running out of remotely relevant female names. I understand that you're a product of your time and culture, JRR, but thanks a heap anyway.


Here's all of her stats.

She's also a victim of the skin-color glitch.


She initially took after her dad, but two steps out the hospital door into the hostile Sunset Valley streets, she changed her mind and now looks like her mom instead.

"A ghost came to me in utero and told me stories of rainbow colored freaks. I refuse to be a pussywillow."


"You were amazing, Bebe! You've never been more beautiful."

"Aw, thank you, Mungo! You're so sweet!"


"Will you do me the honor of marrying me, Bebe!"

"Oh my god, Mungo!!  But............"


"I'm afraid I have to say no."

"What? Why?"


"You know, I have no idea. It's not like I don't want to get married."


Seriously, Bebe, what the hell is your problem?  I guess we'll try again later, because....





"Aw, you're so cute, Gilly!"


"Who's Pappy's girl?  Who's Pappy's little peanut??"

Pappy?

"Why not?"

Sure, why not.


"Hey Lin! Good to see you! I hear we have a new niece. How is everyone doing?"


"Eh, alright I guess. I mean, it's a baby. She cries, shits, eats, cries, and shits some more. Nothing special."


"So how's school going?"

"It's going okay."

"Any thoughts on what you want to do after graduation?"


"Oh I have plans, GLORIOUS plans! I'm going to marry a famous rock star and................"


".........nevermind. I'll probably get a job of some kind, get married, pump out kids. You know, the usual."

I'm sure Bun is sorry he asked.


"Oh my god, Bebe! I completely forgot that tomorrow is Linda's graduation! I've been so busy at work that it slipped my mind!"

"Don't worry about it, Kait. I'm sure Elros took care of it."


"You're right, you're right. Elros loves to throw parties. I'm sure he's taken care of everything............................I hope he remembered to invite Iddie's new boyfriend."

"His sister has a new boyfriend?"

"Yes. I don't know a lot about him other than he's much older than she is."

"How much older can he get?"

"I don't know, all I've heard is that this new guy is a lot older. I hope Iddie knows what she's doing. She hasn't been the same since Glen died."


Well, I'm no expert, but she looks fine to me. Yes, that's Leslie,the famous Sunset Valley Supernatural. Nice catch, Iddie.


"Who the hell is rocking the tacky, metal box instead of cheering for me?"

Iddie: "I don't know. It's not me, I swear!"


"I forsee a fleet of fancy cars in my near future."

And a makeover.

Linda is now an evil, unlucky sim who hates art, sleeps like a log, and between the hours of 7pm and 6am will be able to help herself to whatever unattended items lay in her path.


I gave her a new look before moving her out.


Iddie!!

"What? I told you it wasn't me! Okay, maybe it's Leslie waiting for me, but that's not the same thing. I cheered!"

Such a good aunt, waiting until after the caking to bump uglies.


"Later!"

Yep, Leslie was in there the entire time Linda was blowing out her candles. Iddie joined him after the caking but before grabbing a slice. It's a small consolation that she didn't get any cake.


She made up for the lack of cake by stealing Gil's innocence.

"Hey, an old lady's got needs!"

Go home, you pervs!!





Mun gets some opportunities done.


You're doing homework at the arcade?

"I want to get a good grade."

You wished to skip, thus why you're at the arcade in the morning.

"I hadn't finished my homework. I can't go to school without my homework done."


Gilraen becomes a toddler. Reddish hair and green eyes! I like.


"How come you get to be smart and good at sports, and I'm just a skinny dude who takes two days to get one school assignment done?  It's not fair!!"

"I work at it, Pal. And you could too!"

"I DON'T WANNA WORK!! I want to be born with it, like you!"


"He's serious, isn't he?"

Yup.

"I have a new life goal."


Done! He's fairly far along on his logic, with all his chess wishes. I'll keep him to finish this after he graduates.


Linda snags her rock star!




"Alright Bebe, we're both in good moods, my rebuffed moodlet has counted down, will you marry me NOW?"

In the kitchen! Almost as romantic as the front yard.


It must have been good enough.

"Oh my god! Yes! I'll marry you!"


"Good. Let's get married right now before you change your mind."


"Okay! But not here in the kitchen."

"Front yard?"

"No! Someplace nice."


They got married at the same beach Beren and Lakesha had their wedding.


I promise I'll throw one more wedding party before this challenge is through.


After his wedding wish was fulfilled, this was worth the most points, but I deleted since he already has a wish to go back to China locked in, and he's already traveled once.


"Waitasecond.........where am I? Is this my parent's house? Why am I playing bass in my parent's house??"

You're on your honeymoon!

"At my parent's house?"

Well, it would have rude to go to China and not visit them.


"I'm a grandmother??"

"Yes, Mother. Mun and I have a daughter, Gilraen."

"And where is she?"

"At home with Mun's parents. We thought it too far to travel with a toddler."

"Hmph. And when are you and Mr. Valinor planning on getting married?"

"Umm, we're already married."


"ALREADY MARRIED??? When??"

"Yesterday. We eloped, Mom. No one was there, not Mun's family, no friends, we wanted a private wedding."

"So what you're telling me is that my own daughter did not want me at her wedding?"

"Mom! No, that's not what I meant...."

Zhang: "She eloped? Thank god, one less ridiculous expense to pay for."


"Look, Mom, I'm sorry that we didn't have a big wedding and invite you and Dad. But you're always welcome to visit us in Sunset Valley. And Mun and I are here now, on our honeymoon. We're happy to stay with you if you'd like some more time to visit."

Zhang: "Wait, what??"


"*sigh* I suppose that would be acceptable."

"We can always stay at a hotel if it's a problem."

"No, no, that won't be necessary. It's important to always put family first. Of course you two will stay here. Now, where is my new son-in-law?"

"Oh, uh, he went sightseeing."

Zhang: "*snort* Smart guy."

"DAD! He'll be back this afternoon, Mom. I guess he chickened out like the scaredy-pants he is figured it'd be best if I broke the news alone."

"I'd be wary of him if I were you, Bebe. I've met this man before and he does not finish what he starts."


"What? Sometimes a guy needs to fish. I don't see what the big deal is."

After fulfilling his wish to visit the Scholar's Garden, Mun fished for most of the afternoon. I keep forgetting that he has the angler trait, he hardly ever utilizes it.

Finally, as the sun started to set and he got hungry, Mun bit the bullet and went to the in-laws house.


"So, you're the guy Bebe married, huh?"

"Yes sir, I'm Mungo Valinor."

"And what is it you do for a living?"

"I work for the local television station. Right now I'm just a freelance writer, they publish one of my articles on their website every other week or so. But I'm working hard and I'm hoping to anchor the nightly news some day!"

"So you're a writer?"

"For now, yes. Mostly local interest articles, local politics, issues with the fire department, human interest stories, that kind of thing."


"But you want to get into television?"

"That's what I'm hoping for. In that position I'd get all the big stories, national interest type stuff. Much more serious journalism."

"As long as my daughter is happy, I suppose."

"I think she is, sir! She has plenty of time to practice her music, which she really loves."

"Does she still cook?"

"Um, my dad does most of the cooking."


"Ugh, right back where I left off. When are we leaving?"

Two more days.

"I don't know why we couldn't go to France, like I wanted."

Mun didn't wish for France.

"He should have."


"I'm back."

"It's about time you showed up."


"Look, Mungo, we need to find an excuse to stay in a hotel, or something. I really don't know if I can take 2 more days here with my moth.."

"Um, the sink just broke."

"What?"


"OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE!!!! I can't take it Mun. Why did we come here, again?"

"I thought it'd be nice to visit your home country, but I'm ready to go when you are."


Seriously. Less than 24 hours abroad. I don't know why my sims want to travel at all.

With no adventure wishes locked in, Mun and Bebe spent the night at her family's house, then flew back the next day.


"So how was China? You guys weren't gone for very long."

"Ugh, don't ask. If I never go back there again, it'll be too soon. How was Gil?"

"She's fine. She mostly hung out with Dad, played with her toys."

"I don't have any food."

You had cake, Pal. You ate it.

"Somebody stole my food."




"So you see, Gilly, there's really no point in traveling when you can watch tv and play the guitar just fine at home! Can you say 'home'?"

"Ho!!"

"Close enough."


What are you doing?

"I'm jogging! What does it look like?"

You're jogging in a sweater?

"Sweaters are cool! Anybody can jog in a t-shirt. I like to be different."

I guess so.


:(  But on the other hand....


Gil is going to have a little brother or sister!


I spotted this little guy while Mungo was at the park. This is Beatrice, Bella's daughter son.


Oh joy, look who else is at the park.


"Mungo, I have to know, what is it with you guys and traveling? You all wish to go on these vacations, and when I send you, you are there one day or less and wish to come home again."

"LOL! Yeah, I don't know what to tell you, Kristin. Maybe it's a case of 'the grass is always greener on the other side'. These trips look like a great idea until we're actually there. Then we just miss home."


"And, while I've got you, any chance we can redecorate any time soon? I mean, I like blue, it's my favorite color, but holy crap the house is SO garish! I'd love to make it a little nicer, and paint over all that ugly graffiti. Why on earth does no one clean that tacky stuff up?"


"HAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! You're cute, Mungo! But hell no. I love the house in all it's backwater museum-trailer trash glory! And the graffiti was put there by Finarfin, your great-great-great-great-great-grandfather and the founder of this legacy. I might redo the wallpaper/paint at some point, but the graffiti stays until the game flips me the bird and says 'New game file or no game file, bitch!', and even then I'm gonna try to take the house when y'all move."


"Oh......................... well, okay then. Nice talkin' to ya'. I gotta go."

"Yeah, you ought to. Your mother's dying."

"What?"

"And your wife is going into labor. And it's time for Deagol's birthday party."


"Well that was a short shift! Now what am I supposed to do with my time?"

You don't have any time, Kait. OR, you're about to have nothing but time, depending on how you look at it.


"Oh...................................................... I guess I'm retired now, huh?"

Looks like.


"Finally! A death worth attending! I must tell you, Mrs. Valinor, that between one son having a baby, and another son about to blow out the candles on his birthday cake, your timing is exquisite! I daresay, this death even beats the birthday party death of Wil Valinor all those centuries ago! Well done!"

"Oh dear. I certainly didn't mean to be such a bother! I don't suppose you can take a raincheck so my sons can finish their business, and I can finish my shift? I get off at 7pm, can't we do this then?"

"LOL! Sorry, I only negotiate with little black flowers. Do you have one?"

"No."

"Awesome!!"


"Are you kidding me? I'm having a baby, here!! This ghost needs to MOVE!"

"I'm so sorry dear. Here, I'll float this way a little bit."

"Hey Mom! I really do want to mourn your death, but my baby coming cancelled it out. No hard feelings?"

"Of course not, sweetie! Now go have my grandchild! Oh, and watch out for Dr. Goth-Frio, the man's an idiot who couldn't find his way around a vagina with GPS."

"Thanks..............Mom...........that's............so not what I needed to hear right now."


"So, now what?"

"Well, now we wait here, floating in midair, for a couple of hours until the baby's born and your son ages up. Apparently the game can't handle everything at once and you're not a priority. If we can get through this without a crash, it'll be a miracle."

"Oh, that's just fine. I do so love it here at the hospital. Some of the best days of my life. I was so happy to be able to come back after Pal was born."

"I really don't give a shit, ma'am."


"Geez, where is everybody? I know Mom's working, but where are Mungo and Bebe?"

"I don't know, man! I hope everything is alright."

Please, do take note of my simself skinny-dipping in the hot tub instead of cheering.




I tried my best to keep tabs on both lots at once. As soon as Deagol stopped sparkling, Grim faded away and Kait whooshed into her grave.


Cutie! He's now an outdoors-hating genius, who like to paint, clean the house, and get in a good workout. I choose 'athletic' for his trait to aid him in lifetime wish achievement.

My simself: gives absolutely no fucks.

Meanwhile, at the hospital........


YAY!! We have another pink baby!


PSYCHE!!!  No we don't.

Seriously, Bebe got nowhere near the cab. She took two steps out the hospital door and Earwen changed colors.

Earwen is excitable and easily impressed. She is named after Aragorn's mother.

Coming home to the remnants of Deagol's party, Earwen got a proper introduction to the family.


"Babies are good for one thing, little ............................ whatever your name is."


"Hold still now!"


"NOOOOOOO!!! FIRE!!! FLOOD!! SOMEBODY WAKE UP AND SAVE ME!! HELLLLLPPPP!!!"


"Scream all you want, you little worm! I am victorious!!"


"*yawn* Your aunt did this, *yawn* didn't she? *yawn*  I just *yawn* love newborn babies. *yawn*  Who needs sleep? *yawn*"


Yeah you did.


"Okay Grandpa .......... Fin, I think, this is MY apartment. Go use the xbox in the main house!"

"You know, one does get tired of blue after a century or so."

"OUT!!"




"No, I never really did feel singled out because of my family. I mean, I know that we're a little weird, and my Dad was on the old side, but that's not that unusual, right?"

"So the fact that your mother was your father's first cousin's daughter was never an issue?"


"Hold on, WHAT??"

"You know, your Grandfather Otho was your Grandfather Dior's blood Uncle. You knew that, right?"

"WHAT????"

Oh dear. Sorry Lavender.


Earwen becomes a toddler. I can't tell who she looks like, yet. I think Gil favors her mother. I don't know if Earwen looks much like either one of them.


"OWWWWWWW!!!"

"Waz madda?"

"It's stuck in my eye!"

"Why oo pud id in yuh eye??"


"Oh thank god it's out!"

"Oo don pud id in yuh eye! Oo pud id in yuh mowf!!"


"Okay no offense Gil, but that sounds really stupid."

"This is why I'm amazing, and you're an amateur who can't even figure out where the green block goes."


"SHUT UP!! I do SO know where it goes!!"

"I wake up, flawless, ♫ Post up, flawless, ♪ Ridin' round in it, flawless...."

True story.

Next time, we say goodbye to generation six, the last of generation seven finally gets their ass out of the house, and generation eight gives Mungo and Bebe a little surprise.

Points

Each child: +2 (Gilraen and Earwen)

Fulfilled Opportunities: +3

Deleted Locked-In Wishes: -5

Previous Score: +253

Current Score: +253


No comments:

Post a Comment